Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • HELP – WHICH STEEL HARDTAIL? SHOW ME!
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

just click on where it says member beside my name-then you will see my e-mail. just copy that and send me an e-mail.

CountZero

Here’s my take on the Inbred theme, an overbuilt version of the 456, not dissimilar to a Dialled Alpine in intent. Those are 160mm Nixon Elites on the front.

nwill1
    Free Member

I’ve now added the charge blender to the mix any comments?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

456 Summer (slacker head angle than the 456 and clear lacquer finish, also cheaper)

nwill1
    Free Member

B.A.Nana – what size is that summer season. Is it a bike you can through around? Would it handle a bit of jumping and a bit of DH?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It’s a 16″, I’m 5’10” and 32″ inside leg. I was recommended the smaller frame for generally throwing around.. As a jump bike then I guess it’s going to be fine. For DH, I don’t really know, I had a pretty unpleasent mammouth descent at Innerliethen on Sunday, but I was absolutely knackered and I’m more used to a full sus for that sort of thing. I did have a great day on it at Dalbeattie on Monday tho. it was really superb for whipping thru corners, punching thru rock gardens and all the little jumps and drops.

On the Qualifier

DaddyPig
    Free Member

nwill1

I have an inbred for sale in great nick..

Mail me your e mail and I will send pics.

My email is on my profile

freeridenick
    Free Member

My PA mk1 is great,
    been down Helvellyn, Nan bield etc in the Lakes
    Also chuck it over the jumps in the woods etc

I run a small (15.5) and am 5.9.
    singlering, pikes, 50mm stem, chain device. comes in at about 31lbs so fine for all day XC romps as well.

nwill1
    Free Member

freeridenick – How do you find the singlering at the front have been seriously concidering that?

Is it ok for the xc stuff too? How many teeth on the front? 32 or 36?

Hairychested
    Free Member

456 Summer Edition once upon a time:

alpin
    Free Member

i like the look of the summerseason…..

here are my two examples of steely HTs

(old) Sanderson Breath.

quite an early photo. excuse the mismatched wheels (crash) and the plastic stuck on it (winter/spring = rain). looked much cleaner toward the end of its life.

cheaper of the two Sanderson’s but an awesome bike. climbed well. descended well. only when it got silly steep did i feel out of my depth, wanting more sring at the front, which is why i bought this….

goes up and comes back down. the downs, really, are its strong point.

it would have been spot on for where i was living last year (bavarian alps) and the sanderson would be/ is better suited to where i am now (middle of krautland, hilly, more XC riding).

the Alpine has a shorter top tube and a shorter wheel base. feel i have to keep the bike moving more to remain in control at speed but for throwing the bike around and techy downhill tis super. the sanderson felt more rooted/less lively at speed but out of its depth at times. not had that (yet ) with the Alpine.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I paid just over £300 for an Evil Sovereign. Its really good fun, great on jumps, nice and small so you can move around on it.

CRC site says the NS society has a 72 degree head angle, eek! They also have some evils reduced.

firestarter
    Free Member

just finished putting this together , not ridden yet as only just finished and on nights tonight. will be mucky soon 😉

Guilliano
    Free Member

OK, I’m seriously jealous of all the 456’s I keep seeing on here! I’m going to go into a right sulk til I get my Ti Genesis Altitude now!

Simon

Guilliano, here’s another one for you…….

jwt
    Free Member

I bought a red 456, basically i was looking for a similar bike as the OP mentioned, it’s worked very well and has been hammered on night rides and sessioning runs in the south lakes for the past 18 months,if you do go for a 456 just get a LOT of helicopter tape, as there is a reason its such a good deal. I can highly recommend one.

aw
    Free Member

Are the on-one 456’s best as geared or single speeds?

nwill1
    Free Member

Any More?

willej

456s are ace. Here’s mine in various guises:

Northwind

There’s a feller trying to sell a Prince Albert on here just now, check the classifieds. Surprised nobody’s mentioned the Cotic BFE?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘HELP – WHICH STEEL HARDTAIL? SHOW ME!’ is closed to new replies.