Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • HELP – Which of these?
  • lennyhenry
    Free Member

I haven’t had a bike for a couple of years now and am looking to get into riding again with a cheap, yet hopefully decent, hardtail.

I am currently torn between a Marin Iron Springs and a Cannondale Trail SL5.
    I can’t see much between them aside from the Marin having hydraulic brakes, but I like the looks of the Cannondale.

Can anyone tell me which is the better bike (considering I can get them for the same price) or, recommend a better bike for around £400?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

khani
    Free Member

Look here.. 😀 they have a few on offer

lennyhenry
    Free Member

Thanks – would take take that straight away at that price but I’m just a little concerned with the size. I am about 6″3 and was planning to order the SL5 with XL frame. As the SL4 is no longer available at that price in XL, would a Large frame be okay for me or just that bit too small?

khani
    Free Member

A large might be a bit small at 6.3, have a look at the others ans see if they’ve got any XL’s

lennyhenry
    Free Member

There are a few others, but I do like the SL4, even if it is the 2010 model.
    I’m tempted to order it with the large frame and give it a go, I’m by no means a hardcore cyclist and won’t be doing hundreds of miles regularly, it will be nice to be able to throw it about a bit and it hopefully won’t make climbs impossible.

Thanks for the help, could just do with someone who has tried L or XL Cannondales to let me know how they size up, but then again, I suppose a lot of it is to do with preference and riding style so I might have to go and try a few out

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘HELP – Which of these?’ is closed to new replies.