Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Help – Where to stay in Les Arcs!!
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

After doing lots of research Iv decided that Les Arcs will be this years Alpine destination. Im after accommodating + guiding as Il be going just with the Mrs (non-rider) this year. unfortunately it looks like I spent too long planning and both Bike Village and Trail Addic?tion are fully booked. Is there anywhere else or am I looking at accommodation only now??

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Check for last minute cancellations with White Room – they had a couple of injury vacated spaces so far this year. If not see if the guides have any spaces for a day

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I think you might be too late for accommodation and guiding but the Mountain Bike Chalet are brilliant for accommodation and food and can give you instructions to the good trails. Or, you could join up with another group of riders who are staying there. I spent 3 days there 2 weeks ago and did just that. Rode some great trails with a pair of guys who were both good blokes and great riders.

Home

ndthornton
    Free Member

Yes I tried the mountainbike chalet but they didnt respond to my email – which probably isnt good news – but will try ringing them when I get back from Japan!

jambalaya
    Free Member

This year it seems most of the holiday companies were fully booked by February, certainly the case for the white room. Not sure of your budget but the new Club Med at Peissey Vallandry is outstanding by all accounts, might be good for the wife.

If your flexible you could try Trail Addiction Destination X (excellent I went ast year) although as the wife is not riding and accommodation is hotel not chalet that probably won’t work,

ndthornton
    Free Member

Actually trail addiction do have spaces for destination X and reduced prices for the wife. My only concern was – is it really as good as Les Arcs? Also how high can you get and how high is the accommodation – I like to be high up in the mountains 🙂

ransos
    Free Member

Could you stay in Bourg St Maurice and get the funicular railway up to Les Arcs? There’d be more for your Mrs to do.

ndthornton
    Free Member

The Mrs will prefer to be high up as well – shes a big walker!

ransos
    Free Member

The Mrs will prefer to be high up as well – shes a big walker!

Quick transfer on the funicular, wider range of accom, cheaper food…

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ndnorton – I’ve not ridden in les arcs but destination x is just what they say it is a week of riding deserted single track, aside from warm up day at la Saises bike park we saw 3 or 4 other riders in a week. Lots of long descents 1000m plus and a fun combination of lifts, van up lifts, a bit of pedalling and bus/van transfers back up from valley. Look up Areches Beaufort for altitude, it’s a charming village, unspoilt with old villages houses complete with vegetable patches, definitely in the mountains as such. There are far more walkers and roadies than mountain bikers.

Link to photo set from fellow stw-er (much better photos than mine !) Destination X

ndthornton
    Free Member

Thanks Jambalaya – this sounds great ans similar I think to a week I had in Sierra Nevada. Lift assisted with peddling. I have emailed them back to see if those places are still up for grabs. thanks

bland

Because of the frenchies cracking down on guides there is only the white room and I think trail addiction offering guiding there this yr. a lot will put you up but not offer guiding at present so be warned

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Help – Where to stay in Les Arcs!!’ is closed to new replies.