Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Help : Wheel truing costs
  • younggeoff

Hi got a couple of wheels that need truing and a few spokes replacing, what kind of price am I looking at?

Cheers

Taff
    Free Member

About a tenner a wheel for truing around my parts for a normal wheel

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Depends how bad they are & how long they take.
    Anywhere between FOC if it’s your friendly LBS & you’re a regular & £25+

pinetree
    Free Member

How long’s a piece of string?

But seriously, it could cost as little as £10-15, or it could go up as much as £40-50. Depends entirely on what needs doing, what state the rim is in and so on… Take it to your LBS!

lipseal
    Free Member

£10

bencooper
    Free Member

£15 for trueing, and a couple of quid per spoke.

gearfreak
    Free Member

Yup, between £10 and £15 depending on how difficult, expect to pay a little extra for bladed spokes and or wheels which require fancy spoke keys (mavic etc).

deanfbm
    Free Member

10er per wheel if wheel is in pristine nick and it’s simply insert spoke, tension, iron out small buckle due to snapped spoke.

If the wheel is trashed, all nipples seized, all spokes slack, wobbles every which way, a few years old, spokes start snapping as they are retensioned – cost – a fresh rebuild (spokes+labour, 80ish).

Then anywhere in between. So, that old cliche, “how long is a piece of string”.

It will also reduce cost if you drop off wheels on their own with all rotors, cassettes and tyres removed.

younggeoff

Many thanks, know what to expect now.

andyl
    Free Member

£10 for me too at the only place I trust to do them. Not worth me messing them up for that much but if it was a bad buckle I would expect more or a rebuild which is £30 + parts IIRC.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I paid £30 for a rebuild with new nipples recently.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Help : Wheel truing costs’ is closed to new replies.