Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help! Weird noise from tacx turbo
  • glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ve tried taking this apart, cleaning and reassembling but can’t get rid of this noise. Has anyone got any ideas? It’s a Satori. It seems to be a series of clicks that happens every few pedal strokes. [video]Tacx: https://youtu.be/ku7FeCCNfpY%5B/video%5D

myopic
    Free Member

I had a problem with a similar odd and unpredictable noise coming from mine, though if you have taken it apart and reassembled it, it may not be the same thing. It was a couple of loose screws on the circular metal plat on the side of the flywheel facing the roller unit. They had worked loose enough just enough for that plate to wobble at times and make a variety of noises.

kcr
    Free Member

Worth asking the question on the Tacx forum. Someone there may be able to help.
    While researching information about an older turbo, I noticed that some people have had problems with the metal sleeve separating from the gel roller on newer versions, and causing noise.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I’ve not had the resistance unit apart so I’ll open it once i find my torx keys and check those screws thanks

myopic
    Free Member

Dan – no need to take anything apart or use Torx keys. The screws I was taking about on mine are accessible on the face of the flywheel backplate (or frontplate depending on how you look at it) and had Phillips heads.

teamslug
    Free Member

I’ve got a Tacx flow and it makes a funny crackling popping noise sometimes as I slow down at end of a session. I get the feeling it might be some crap that has fallen of my back wheel after a road ride. I didnt wipe wheel down so think it probably dropped into gap where roller is. Sprayed a little GT85 into it and it seemed better.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Ok I’ve checked those screws (my ones are tiny torx screws, typical!), all tight. Took as much of it apart as I could, tensioned everything, cleaned everything and popped it together again and it’s still there!

I’ll try the tacx forum. It’s sadly a second hand unit so no warranty, I really should stop buying second hand stuff! I’ve been using it for a year no problems right enough.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help! Weird noise from tacx turbo’ is closed to new replies.