Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help – Turner 5-Spot sizing – for the 6 footers
  • younggeoff

Ok toying with the idea of a new DW 5-Spot but bang on the cross-over between Large and XL.

So a quick poll, if you’re around 6 ft and you ride a DW 5-spot what size have you got.

Cheers, Geoff

convert

6ft (or just a little under) and a large.

Which is also for sale again as first buyer never got round to paying 😡
    Mint 2009 with only a handful of rides on it…..email in profile. Will be a good price for condition.

JPcapel
    Free Member

I am 5ft 11 and ride a medium.
    Friend I ride with bought a large and is same height, having sought Dave Turners opinion on sizing.
    The head tube and seat tube on the large were a lot longer than the medium and meant that you couldn’t get the bars as low or the seat as low when using it for more playful DH type riding.
    I am on the limit of my seat post extension, but it fits fine. I prefer a smaller bike (in a bmx stylie) to chuck around.
    The 2009 model (which is what I have) has a steeper HA than the 2011 which got tweaked. I run an angle set in mine to slacken the HA off by 1.5degrees and its made the world of difference, also a good bike to fit a CCDB shock to – really transformed it.

I suspect your be better on a large as the biggest option, rather than XL, assuming you are very close to 6ft.
    Hope this helps.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m a whisker under 6ft and on a large. Short stem too and it feels perfect to me. I wouldn’t want a longer top tube.

younggeoff

thanks for the input, I’m erring on the large as I don’t like big bikes and ride the smallest I can sensibly get away with.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I’m 6′ and just swapped from a Med HL 5-spot to a large…

Ridiculous RAL 4010 pictures to follow : s

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help – Turner 5-Spot sizing – for the 6 footers’ is closed to new replies.