Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help tracking down a false Twitter account user.
  • MarinNo8
    Free Member

Hi, would anyone be able to help me track down a user of a false Twitter account? I know there are a few clever people on here far cleverer than me! Basically my place of work were looking to set up a Twitter account only to find that someone already has done so and proceeded to put up some rather awful Tweets. I won’t put up the account here but will email it to anyone who can help. Many thanks G

trail_rat
    Free Member

are you stagecoach buses . someones got a great spoof account on them 😀

Cougar

I expect your best course of action would be to contact Twitter and ask them to remove it. Failing that, go and create @Real-NameOfBusiness or something. Twitter are relatively tight with security, hacking details is not going to be trivial.

Besides, even if you could track down who it was, what were you proposing to do about it? Anyone who’s sufficiently pissed off with your company to create a parody account is almost certainly going to tell you to roll it tightly and grease it lightly with any correspondence short of a court order.

Cougar

And of course, I appreciate that this may be a wild and crazy suggestion, but have you tried messaging the account and asking nicely?

timb34
    Free Member

Report it to Twitter:

https://support.twitter.com/forms/impersonation

Edit Too slow! But lol at “roll it tightly and grease it lightly”!!

MarinNo8
    Free Member

Well if anything I’ve managed to at least pick up a brilliant one liner from Cougar! Thanks for the help. Twitter has been contacted so they are on the case. We were merely trying to work out who it is. We have an idea who it might be, it is a case of confirming it.

G

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help tracking down a false Twitter account user.’ is closed to new replies.