Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help – strip audio from a .avi file?
  • Smudger666

Erm, so today I had the honour of videoing a landmark event for the company. Everyone knows I was there and doing it and are expecting to see it.

Thing is, I didn’t realise the small digital camera I was using in video mode also recorded the sound, and on playback, I’m not as funny as I thought I was. In fact, I was pretty much an arse several times.

Given that no one is expecting audio, is there any magic software that can strip the audio away that you can recommend – I’ve googled it and although there are several hits, the websites look a bit dodgy.

Anyone help me not be an arse please?

hot_fiat

Windows movie maker?

Smudger666

Really? That simple huh? I’ll have a play tomorrow – thanks!

andyl
    Free Member

hit mute?

Windows movie maker should do it but my first thought was virtual dub which I used to use years ago: http://www.virtualdub.org/features.html

mikewsmith
    Free Member

VLC transcode/convert to file (easy explanation and just untick audio)
    You can also compress your AVI to something sensible

hypnotoad
    Free Member

VirtualDub will do it under windows, open avi, select ‘direct stream copy’ under the video menu, and ‘no audio’ under the audio menu, save as new avi, job done.

Smudger666

thanks guys, i wasn’t too sure about just hitting mute – i think the marketing girls will be all over it and i was a it worried about them being able to un-mute it.

I’ve just reviewed it, and although I’m an arse, a colleague who was there made some ‘career limiting’ comments so I have to be certain the audio is gone forever.

Thanks again – looks like Virtual Dub is the thing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help – strip audio from a .avi file?’ is closed to new replies.