Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • HELP! Stag w/e on 17th May at Swinley Forest…need accommodation for 16
  • rollodes
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m organising a stag week-end and we’re going mtbing in swinley forest on Saturday 17th May. Having problems sourcing accomodation and evening food. Any ideas?

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

Bracknell Travel lodge – only 2 miles away from Coral reef which is opposite Swinley. Couple of premier inns around this area as well.

Golden retriever pub is close by to swinley it depends on how close you want to stay.
    Unfortunately a pikey camp has just set up over the weekend on the outskirts of Bracknell near Jennets Park so maybe best to bring some sturdy locks.

tonyd

As per MrsP, lots of Travel Lodge/Premier Inn options around. Do you want/need to stay within riding distance of Swinley? How old are you all and what sort of entertainment are you looking for? If it’s just a meal and some beers and you don’t mind driving to Swinley you’ll have a lot more options – Camberley (lots of pubs/restaurants, could ride in from there also), Farnborough (pubs, indian, not sure what else), Fleet (some nice pubs and restaurants Premier Inn opened recently).

I don’t know Bracknell very well. Crowthorne is very close to Swinley (15-20 min ride to the red trail), has a hotel (Waterloo, no idea if it’s pricey or not), a couple of pubs, an italian, and an indian. Shame you’re not coming this weekend as I think Friday night is Elvis night at the Prince.

I noticed the pikeys this morning, hopefully they’ll be moved on quickly.

rollodes
    Free Member

Thanks for the above. We’re mid to late 30’s and its all about just being together with a supply of both food and drink whilst being able to stagger to accommodation. Driving form food/drink to accomodation would be a bit of a faff but I suppose I could organise some taxis.

rollodes
    Free Member

Waterloo have been very accommodating. They have a private dining room that could take us. Just awaiting quote

Thanks for help!

tonyd

If you all like curry then give the Mango Tree a call too. It’s a pub come curry house, sounds odd but works well. Me and the missus tried it a few weeks ago, called in for a drink and the smell of curry was so overwhelming we stayed for dinner 🙂 Food was good.

If you stay at the Waterloo just come out and ride East on Dukes Ride and you can pick up the Devils Highway (turn off the small roundabout by the dive shop) which will take you all the way in to the trails. I thought it was the red run you pick up but could be the blue.

Edit: Found a trail map. If you follow the Devils Highway you’ll hit the red trail at it’s most westerly point.

2nd Edit: Mango Tree is less than 5 minutes walk from the Waterloo.

rollodes
    Free Member

Agggghhhh! Waterloo aren’t available after all.

Will try some of the others suggested.

Mango Tree sounds right up our street. Will look into it.

DezB
    Free Member

Hey chaps! Sounds to me like we’re all invited! 😀

rollodes
    Free Member

Ha ha !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘HELP! Stag w/e on 17th May at Swinley Forest…need accommodation for 16’ is closed to new replies.