Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • HELP: SRAM X7 shifters
  • ironbrucove

Has anyone been able to put them back together after opening them up. I had to take the rear shifter apart to change the cable when the plastic grommet wouldn’t come out. When I put it together it will shift up to about four clicks then jams up totally. Is it buggered?

coatesy
    Free Member

they will go back together,usually the spring jumps out and you have to choose from a selection of places to put it. maybe that’s the problem, or maybe the nipple isn’t seated properly and is jamming. check sram’s website for tech help.

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

I have had this problem and they are trickey to fix,I usually remove the cable while its in the smallest rear cog,then remove the tensioner/adjuster first,give it a good blast out with gt85 while operating the lever mechanism,then remove cover and cable end, noting spring position.

They are probably the worse shifters out of the sram range,I have recentley changed my x7s to sram grip shift and the difference in shifting is much more posative,and less noisy, as on the front mech you can index the deraliur to find the quietest position over the chainring.

The X9s and Xos are also better, and a worthwhile upgrade. 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

I’ve got x9’s but, due to the fear of this happening, I’m taking mine into my LBS to fit new cables (and oilers)

rich-6
    Free Member

Ive just recenlty had to do the same with mine, the spring is a pain in the a**e it jumps off if youre not careful when putting the cover back on, thats the only real problem i had, the minor was the indicator which now doesnt read the correct gear but that doesnt matter IMO as Xos do without 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘HELP: SRAM X7 shifters’ is closed to new replies.