Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • HELP ! Spec my scion for xc
  • papacruz
    Free Member

Looking to spec this out for xc and singletrack..
    Could do with a hand here to get this built for winter
    Double chainset and not top of the range kit either.. on a budget.
    forks first so any thoughts welcome..

cheers

yunki
    Free Member

I had a fairly tight budget when speccing my Cotic Soul..
    First thing I did was ditch any ideas about suspension fork.. I couldn’t afford a good one, so I saved loadsa weight and cash and got a 440mm carbon fork from Exotic. It’s great fun to ride and the only time I miss suspension is on proper big rocky descents..

I got an SLX groupset and the best wheels that I could afford (happily hope/stans with the money I’d saved on the fork)
    Finishing kit was mostly sourced from the shed and the STW classifieds

IvanDobski
    Free Member

My ex-Scion

It was perfect for what you want and I can’t really remember why I sold it. On a budget I’d go pipedream forks, deore throughout and some half decent wheels.

dobo
    Free Member

I really enjoyed my pipedream sirius when i had it, moved it on for a race bike but the sirius was just as good really and more forgiving. I bet these are good frames as well. The forks i got from them were also very good, wouldnt mind a 29r pair if the price/weight was right.

papacruz
    Free Member

Good thoughts guys.
    But it has to be asuspension fork.. my shoulders wont take all the punishment at my age..
    I was thinking along the line of rockshox 120mm jobs.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

If you’re buying new I’d get some X-Fusion Velvets – cheaper and just as good as, if not better than, the RS equivalents.

papacruz
    Free Member

Thats a few times ive been told about these velvet forks..
    They have to be second hand though as i need the rest of my dosh to build rest o bike..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘HELP ! Spec my scion for xc’ is closed to new replies.