Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help sizing a Ragley Piglet 2
  • baconsarnie
    Free Member

Hi,

Can you help me choose a frame size for a Piglet? I’m 5’11”, 31″ inside leg… My current xc frame is 19″ and a bit long so looking to a piglet for a do-it-all fun trails bike to be built up initially with my 120mm rebas. Common theme seems to be 16″ frame due to the longish top tube, but 16″ sounds tiny in my head! Any experience?

Cheers,

Rob

robland
    Free Member

I would say 18

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

I am 5’7” 29” inseam and have an 18” marley (same sizing as piglet I think looking on Ragley site). Have it with 150mm forks and use it’s my do it all (the only bike I have) bike.

I use it with a 50mm stem and wouldn’t want it any smaller.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spectabilis
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” 31″ inside leg.
    Rode an 18″ Piglet2 50mm stem 740mm bars straight post. for general xcountry it felt about right although more technical trails I found myself wishing I’d built a 16″

sonnyjim
    Free Member

Shade under 6ft 32 leg and 18″ was good for me.

Got an 18″ mk2 piglet frame in illegal ivory sitting in my shed if you’re interested in buying second hand?

Sonnyjim

slowoldman

I’m 5′ 7″ with a 16″ Piglet (Fnarr, fnarr).

Long top tube yes, but tiny little stem.

baconsarnie
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, found some sizing data and the effective top tube length of the 16″ is in the same ball park as my current 19″ xc frame… ❓ so anyway, now that’s on its way to me, everywhere (obvious) seems to be out of stock of the 18″ now, so its a bit of a punt! Hope its not too small after reading your experience! Have to say my current 19″ feels a little on the long side and didn’t exactly inspire confidence on technical descents!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help sizing a Ragley Piglet 2’ is closed to new replies.