Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help setting up forks
  • chrisg1664
    Free Member

I have a set of rock shox pikes that came with my new bike. I’ve been playing with the sag setup etc and am currently running them fairly soft at about 30% sag. No matter how much I try they don’t seem to run through their full length of travel and stop about an inch or more from the top of the stantion. Any recommendations on how to use most of the travel available without them being too soft or bottoming out?
    I’ve not used the volume spacers before anyone asks.
    Thanks

jairaj

What are you doing to try get full travel? The Pike is designed for some rough riding so you’d have to go over quite a sizeable drop to make them bottom out.

Adding a volume reducer will make the fork even more progressive and harder to bottom out. Maybe check if there is already a token installed and take it out.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Jairaj is bob on.
    You really have to push the Pike to use full travel.
    It’s not a fork that will flatter your ego by pushing though the travel and leaving the travel marker at the Crown.
    I had to drop off a pretty big drop to get mine to bottom out and the rapid recovery worked pretty well. If you do go big it stays composed and returns to full travel pretty quick.
    Don’t be worried about that last inch. Maybe drop 5 psi or a click or two faster on the Rebound but I’d personally leave it for those Ohhh **** moments.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chrisg1664
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice guys. The only time I’ve bottomed out was on some fairly big stuff in Scotland. I know they’re incredible forks and work better than any I’ve had before.
    I’ll save that final bit for when I really need it
    Thanks again.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There was a thread on here yesterday about them and setting up which may have some more good tips

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help setting up forks’ is closed to new replies.