Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help setting up a Pike fork
  • PROLINE85
    Free Member

Advice needed on the best way to set up/use the motion control, and what rebound settings have you used?

Ta muchly!

DrP

Well, rebound will be dependant on your weight won’t it, so have a play around starting on fastest rebound, and slowing it down until it’s no longer like a pogo, but doesn’t pack down.

DrP

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Done that already, and set it up about 3 clicks from fastest which seems ok.

Not sure how to use the motion control though. Manual’s a bit vague, have run the fork full open, but wanted to know if others have it full locked with motion control full open or somewhere inbetween.

Cheers!

scaredypants

I’m not sure about motion control either

Rockshox seems to say that you run it open or “fully closed with variable floodgate” (to set the threshold for allowing compression) but someone on here was suggesting you can run the “lockout” at halfy/halfy for better results

mine’s got the floodgate quite hard but (on the 2 rides I’ve had) has almost always been open anyway. The floodgate does stop bob pretty much completely when it’s hardish but not sure about whether it allows any sort of normal trail behaviour

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Cheers for the replys.

I’ve also been told that you can run lockout halfway to prevent brake dive, but not sure. The manual’s pretty crap.

DrP

When my compression dial is fully closed, i have the flood gate ‘a bit’ open, i.e it’s pretty stiff, but I can get it bobbing a small amount up and down by hand (when floogate is fully closed, i can’t do this).

I really should have a play about with the dial halfway for normal riding, and usually i have it fully open…
    Is this wrong? Will I die?

DrP

Jimbo
    Free Member

According to TF, a good starting point for setting rebound is to have it so that after compression, you can lift the front wheel off the ground before the fork has fully rebounded. After than it’s (supposedly!) a case of a smidgen-of-a-turn more or less according to how you like it to feel.

scaredypants

DrP – man up, take some risks FFS !!

(then report back for the rest of us – if you do survive. your set-up sounds pretty much like mine so you’re clearly on the wrong track)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help setting up a Pike fork’ is closed to new replies.