Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help setting limits on front derailleur please
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Front Derailleur is 3x E-Type2 .shifter is also 3x, and im trying to set it to 2x.. I can’t get rid of the last shift (the non existent 3rd biggest chainring) . Tips please. Thanks.

mrben100
    Free Member

Loosen cable so 1st and 2nd shifts remain on granny – 3rd shift then shifts to middle/2nd?

No idea really, just an initial thought.

Might end up with a bit of a flappy cable when on the lower.

buck53

It’s just a case of setting the high limit screw until it won’t shift into the third click.

If you haven’t got enough adjustment in the screw you’ll need to pull the cable through further and clamp it higher up. Did you remember to put a wedge in the derailleur before clamping the cable?

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Yah i put a wedge in it.. Front derraileur is set now really but there is still 3 clicks on the shifter 1st shift is solely for granny.. Second shift is 2nd chainring with a hint of rubbing.. 3rd shift is bang on for 2nd chainring 🙁

breadcrumb

In my experience you will nearly always have rubbing in the extreme gears.

When I dropped the big ring I just adjusted the upper limit screw, no messing about with cable tension.

buck53

That setup might work best anyway, should mean you can eliminate any running I’d you drop down the cassette in the larger ring.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Do you mean rubbing. Buck?

buck53

Indeed I do. Stupid auto correct.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

DONE IT!!!! Haha im a demi god!

Thanks All!!!

Loosen tension cable in Front derraileur. Set shifter to no.2 .. Wedge the FD to the setting that i want for the big chainring.. Then tighten cable as i can.. Then test run the chain and do all shifter combination.. All working,, shift to no.3 and adjust the H screw to move inner.. Click shifter back to no.2.. Then tried to shift back to no 3. And it wont anymore 😀

Will bookmark this in case i forgot again. Thanks again peeps.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help setting limits on front derailleur please’ is closed to new replies.