Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help! Restore stuff from micro SD to new Moto X
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Christmas has come early to our household as the GF’s new Moto X arrived this morning to replace her broken Galaxy

The old phone has a dead screen and being non rooted is effectively useless now – I think

Fortunately all of the important stuff is backed up to a micro SD and is easily seen on my laptop when I plug it in
    The photos are easy to sort, obvs contacts and stuff are already there but she’s desperate to get her SMS history which I can see on the memory card but cant think what to do with as the Moto X has no slot

There must be an easy way of restoring them but I must be looking in the wrong place

Any suggestions on how best to easily move the data from the micro SD to a phone without a memory card slot very welcome

🙂

Cheers

Cougar

I doubt you can do it directly from the card in any sort of meaningful fashion (I’d be surprised if it was on the card rather than the phone’s internal memory, even).

Is it not synced to Google?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Its definitely on the card, I can see an SMS folder, but annoyingly she didnt enable the Google sync 🙁

CraigW
    Free Member

Get a USB OTG adapter, then you can plug a card reader into the phone. So that will let you copy files from the card.

Though you will still need an app to restore the text messages back onto the phone. I don’t think the standard messaging app can do this. Depends on what you used to back them up onto the card?

Cougar

Maybe that’s a backup; presumably then you’ll be able to restore it, but you’ll need to use the same SMS app you were using on the old phone.

midlifecrashes

Motorola has a handy Migrate app which would have done it for you seamlessly if the Samsung wasn’t borked. If you google usb otg sd adapter, you’ll find a widget you can plug in to the bottom of the phone, between a couple of quid and a tenner.

Cougar

Any suggestions on how best to easily move the data from the micro SD to a phone without a memory card slot very welcome

Sorry, I completely missed this. Use a PC as a go-between? Copy card to PC, and then PC to new handset.

As I said before though, I’ll be surprised if it works.

matt_outandabout

It’s it not also backed up on the Google account from the old phone?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help! Restore stuff from micro SD to new Moto X’ is closed to new replies.