Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Help Resolve A Cassifieds Problem!
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

Ok so i sold a set of forks recently and the buyer has said they arrived, are in great condition etc etc, but are missing a poplock- he wants partial refund for the value of a poplock.

From my side of things, I never said there was a poplock included with the sale, and a poplock was not pictured with the forks (mainly because I dont even have one). He did not enquire about a poplock at any point in the negotiations.

So what do I do?
    1) Buy him a poplock
    2) Go halves with him on a poplock
    3) Tell him to stuff it

Thanks,
    J

Pook

Tell him to stuff it. Whenever I’ve bought forks I’ve always known that a poploc is an extra.

dazzlingboy

Option 3 IMO.

carbon337
    Free Member

jools182
    Free Member

if it wasn’t listed or pictured then option 3

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

grumm
    Free Member

3 but politely of course 🙂

He should have checked if he was that bothered.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

nickc

got to agree. Option 3 buyer beware an’ all that.

retro83
    Free Member

Option 3.

Just wondering, why did he think there should be a PopLoc included anyway?

Jammy111
    Free Member

This is looking a bit one sided. I dont think I explained his case properly- he is peeved becasue the forks are intended for a poplock i.e. arent crown adjustable. This was also pictured in the listing, but as stated previously I did not say a poplock was or wasn’t inlcuded.

ross980
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

Def up to him to ask unless if it’s not clear from the pic or description, especially if it’s a model that didn’t come with the poplock out of the box.

Junkyard
    Free Member

not sure hereI once bought a cassette without a lock ring – he said you never asked I said I had never got one without one as it was an integral part of a cassette- I got a freebie from LBS so sorted but I thought it was cheeky.
    If you have the actual internal cartridge in the fork [ it was poploc as satndard] and the fork is just mnissing the popoloc and cable because it was removed after purchase then he has a point. They should have asked so 2 or 3 depending on how much they haggled how good a price it was etc

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Hmmm, tricky. The model obviously comes with a poplock. It’s part of the fork fit. If none of the pics showed the rebound adjuster, should that be included in the sale?

But then, as above you didn’t say it was in the sale and didn’t picture it…

I’d personally go halves on it.

uplink
    Free Member

If the fork originally came with a Poploc – I would say that the onus should have been on you to point out that it was missing

bruneep

These?

scholarsgate
    Free Member

Option 3.

If he’s not happy, The offer a full refund on receipt of returned forks. They are obviously not what he wanted. You can re list them being very explicit about what’s included and what’s not.

hora
    Free Member

Looked on google. They say push loc on a few web sales but no mention of including a remote pop loc at all.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If its just the cable and lever he needs I have a one here you can have for much cheapness.

Was the fork originally sold with poplock? If so perhaps the secondhand sale should have it as well

Jamie
    Free Member

3) Tell him to stuff it

But politely….

vinnyeh

I’m not sure about this… if the standard spec of the fork includes a poploc, then I would have mentioned it as missing- else it’s not quite the fork you’re selling it as, is it?
    In my books, it’s be a bit like selling a headset without crown race or top cap, or some pro2’s with no adaptors at all, and failing to mention it.

Cougar

“Sorry for any confusion. A Poploc remote system was never included as part of the sale. If you’re unhappy with the forks, you may of course return them for a full refund.

Love and kisses,

Jammy.”

I can understand his frustrations if the forks aren’t crown adjustable either – it’s an error I could easily have made and I would feel a bit jibbed – however, I don’t see why that should put any onus on you to buy him a Poploc.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I’d be pretty uphappy if you wrote back

Love and kisses,

Jammy.”

Its not professional sounding at all and sound like your deliberately trying to wind him up.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Blimey scr98kr, adjust your sense of humour why dontchya

Cougar

I really must write a general-purpose disclaimer on my website at some point. People take me seriously far too often.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

It would be fine in an email normally when everything is going well, however theres been a problem so the OP is needs to sound professional.

Although Im of the opinion their chancing their luck most secondhand rebas are OE forks off brand new bikes often missing poplocs.

If the other party really does feel like they are owed a poploc and have really been ripped off the email will read as

“Oh im sorry but you didnt ask smug smug smug,

Oh well love and hugs (your’ll never see that poploc i owe you and im ripping you off).”

I dont mind being told love and hugs by my friend or even complete strangers however if I felt someone had done me over as the other party might it would grate.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

ok your not going to actually write that but honestly I have had emails off people with similar wording.

midlifecrashes

If it’s the set of Rebas described “as new”. Would I get a Polploc if I bought a new one? If the answer is yes, then I’d expect one with an “as-new” set, unless explicitly mentioned in the ad, or some obvious wording such as: “what you see is what you get” next to the pics, and priced accordingly. Why have you taken the pics down?

At this stage though, I’d offer a full refund for return, or refund the price of a poploc if you don’t want the hassle of relisting.

jools182
    Free Member

so the poploc was shown in the advert photo?

if so I might have to change my original answer

nbt

jools182 – Member

so the poploc was shown in the advert photo?

if so I might have to change my original answer

My bold:

Jammy111 – Member

Ok so i sold a set of forks recently and the buyer has said they arrived, are in great condition etc etc, but are missing a poplock- he wants partial refund for the value of a poplock.

From my side of things, I never said there was a poplock included with the sale, and a poplock was not pictured with the forks

wwaswas

Why haven’t you still got the poploc?

If the forks are ‘as new’ they must have been on a bike for very little time and the poploc would have come off with them?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

im guessing

most secondhand rebas are OE forks off brand new bikes often missing poplocs.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Seems a little harsh, especially if the fork is supposed to have a poploc.

If the fork was missing a spring, or an adjuster or whatever, it may not be obvious from the pictures and you’d definitely mention it in the advert.

j_me
    Free Member

I’m with David ^^ on that.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Ebay is $hit fact.

Buyer should have asked. Seller should have stated.

Just take them back off him and sell to someone else but mention no poplock and buy one of the guy who said he had cheap up there ^

Or provide him one.

In which case he’s already taken the fork to bits by now and will be complaining he can’t put it together now…

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Ebay? I thought they were sold on the classifieds?

user-removed
    Free Member

Read the whole thread, or at least a little bit of it, or maybe even just the OP before posting. GrrrR! Sorry, pet hate.

Anyhoo, yes, I’d offer to go halfies on a pop-lock. Cheaper than return postage (probably) and will put you safely on the moral high ground.

I’ve swallowed some awful cr@p from clasifieds over the years on the grounds that complaining is generally more trouble than it’s worth. But for a set of forks, I would probably feel a liitle aggreived if I couldn’t fit the forks and expect them to work.

If they’re sold with a piece missing which prevents their immediate useability, I’d be miffed unless it was made very clear in the advert.

scaredypants

not sure hereI once bought a cassette without a lock ring – he said you never asked I said I had never got one without one as it was an integral part of a cassette

yeh, I bought a HTII BB once but came with no spacers. seller “thought I didn’t need them” (obviously he was psychic, but shit at it). Guess I was lucky it even came with bearings 🙄

re the fork – if you described correctly but a new fork would come with poplock then I’d supply or refund (inc postage); if new fork wouldn’t come with it, refund(exc postage)/tell to sod off as your conscience allows

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

4) Send them footage of you destroying a watermelon with a set of Bombers

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Help Resolve A Cassifieds Problem!’ is closed to new replies.