• This topic has 22 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by smiff.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Help QECP future development by answering some simple questions.
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Please take our QECP future development survey. Its only a couple of questions that take under 2 mins.

I will help use push QECP in the right direction.

Scott – QECP Trail Collective

Link: http://www.poll-maker.com/QRV73A

DezB
    Free Member

Done 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Done.

ahwiles
    Free Member

and if i’m allowed to expand my response here….

my wife’s parents live in Fareham, i’ve been to QECP a few times. i like it. The red’s great, but a bit too tricky for my wife. The blue’s too short and easy, it’s not ‘enough’ to temp her out.

i know some people are never happy, but you did ask…

jambalaya
    Free Member

Seemed to hang on completion, have I. It seen this before ? Thanks for all your work

Yak

Done.

ahwiles – the blue has been extended, and a new finish is underway now – thanks to Scott and the Collective. Lots of berms, flowy sections – all really good.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Done

DT78
    Free Member

Done

davosaurusrex

Done

manmurray

Done

convert

It would be very easy to answer that survey from a very ‘selfish’, what would be good for me perspective. I tried to answer from a ‘what would be best for cycling in general’ perspective. If most people answer ‘selfishly’ and the survey is only promoted on places like here full of a certain type of rider you will get very skewed data. You need to find a method of getting the opinion of the people who almost don’t think of themselves as cyclists but would/could be be interested.

I’m currently damaged goods so cycling a bit restricted. I went around the blue for the first time in ages at the weekend – so much better than it was and really beginning to bed in well. Also good for fitness training style loop in the winter for folk not wanting to take to the road – it looks a bit more weather proof than the red. I did however come across 3 families with quite small kids all pushing up hills. It didn’t look fun – all dressing in normal type clothing and almost a bit like they had been mis-sold a family friendly ride. I think a green nice simple track with the very minimum of ascents would be a real bonus for the place – the tricky bit is that QE is one great big lump and designing a route with no stiff uphills and mostly flat is tough to achieve.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I think a green nice simple track with the very minimum of ascents would be a real bonus for the place – the tricky bit is that QE is one great big lump and designing a route with no stiff uphills and mostly flat is tough to achieve.

I think a green trail would be better placed at Staunton Country Park (QECP’s sister Park) they have a lot better gradient for a green/blue starter trail then people could progress to QECP when ready.

Its good to take the kids to if you have never been, My boy loves the farm animals http://www3.hants.gov.uk/staunton

convert

I think a green trail would be better placed at Staunton Country Park (QECP’s sister Park) they have a lot better gradient for a green/blue starter trail then people could progress to QECP when ready.

Staunton is nice for that sort of thing and you are right about the gradient. It’s just a shame QE can’t be the whole package. Thinking about it again I think you could make a good but short Green route at QE if you based it at the top – starting and finishing at the top car park. Doesn’t work so well for the cafe up there though I guess.

The new cycle path to link QE to Petersfield looks pretty awesome – seems like a hell of a lot of work is going into it. A off road route that linked up with it just as it leaves the A3 and dips down to the car park would be good too.

soma_rich
    Free Member

I suspect this is to get more Enduro events:

Than to get more Endurance events:

scottfitz
    Free Member

I suspect this is to get more Enduro events

yes more of this: cheeky plug 8)

Yak

Oh, I thought the 4hr endur(ance)o from a couple of years ago was great. Loads of racers/riders, half at night, really hilly, good boozy support/heckling in the arena – bang-on 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

Yak – Member

Oh, I thought the 4hr endur(ance)o from a couple of years ago was great. Loads of racers/riders, half at night, really hilly, good boozy support/heckling in the arena – bang-on

The 4hr endur(ance)o didn’t got over 100 entries.
    The last QECP Day & Night enduro sold out in under 24 hours (180 entries)

The 4hr endur(ance)o is actually easier and cheaper to organise but much harder to sell.

Yak

Ah well – seemed busy enough on course. I guess you’ve got to go with something you are guaranteed to sell out.

On another issue – are southern xc thinking of a round at QECP next year?

scottfitz
    Free Member

On another issue – are southern xc thinking of a round at QECP next year?

No parking was a issue for the number of riders they had. I have tried to get a surrounding field for both the QECP enduro and southern XC but not had any luck.
    I did mention Staunton Country Park but it was a bit late for next year.

deviant
    Free Member

Done.
    I rather selfishly voted for more DH trails like Rogate, more Enduro events and a skills/drops/jumps freeride area.

That’d be awesome cheers.

Yak

Thanks for trying Scott.
    Not really thought about Staunton Country Park. I only know the animal bit. I’ll have to go and have a look.

pobaker
    Free Member

done – keep up the great work!

smiff
    Free Member

bump (sorry). apparently we need more results or something.

QECP riding great last night.. get it whilst it’s dry and leafy 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Help QECP future development by answering some simple questions.’ is closed to new replies.