Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help! Pre-purchase solicitor's search – what do they show?
  • flipiddy
    Free Member

I’m on the cusp on dealing with a difficult issue with the council regarding drainage on our road. Will email correspondence to the drainage department show up for all and sundry to see when I come to sell the property? Or does it not work like that?

Cheers folks.

steveoath
    Free Member

I believe any communications from the council re: work to be done should be given to interested parties in the event of an offer (certainly is the case in Scotland). The week before I went to sell my flat, planning permission was granted for the construction of a huge student flat development to be butted on to the side of the house. Buyers didn’t care though. I think, personally, its always best to be upfront with anything so no one gets disappointed later on.

antigee

doubt that a conveyancing solicitor would find the correspondence as can’t think would find in standard checks but you will be required to complete a form that asks you to declare neighbour disputes, flood concerns, council disputes etc etc etc – this you have to sign in blood and will bind you thru eternity – if near sorted and you have positive outcome and no real horror story detailed that will put a purchaser off no problem

flipiddy
    Free Member

Thanks folks – I don’t agree with cheating or lying – it’s nothing underhand. It will get resolved, but I don’t want to stir up potential hornets nests. We won’t be moving for years anyway.

So would it be accurate to say that it’s official correspondence sent from the council that is stored?

antigee

I don’t think that (in England anyway) that any of the conveyancing checks would look for correspondence with the council as such hopefully someone who really knows will come along

– if all resolved and will be history when you come to fill in the form about ongoing/historical disputes etc then in all our busy lives i’m sure you will have forgotten all about what was a minor issue and was easily resolved

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help! Pre-purchase solicitor's search – what do they show?’ is closed to new replies.