Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • help pls… Stan’s no tubes + MX719 + High roller folding
  • fozzybear
    Free Member

Any issues with this setup?

how many rim strips are you using with this setup?
    stans recommend 2 for the mavic 223 (which this rim is a copy) but I can in no way get these to mount using 2 layers of spoke tape and using my original rim strip..

thx

timraven

You mean mount, as in get on the rim, or to seat/ hold air.

I’ve got an ADvantage on a 721 and it took 3 std rim tapes before it would seat, not terribly happy with that set up but it does work.

fozzybear
    Free Member

to seat/hold..

there is no way i will get it seat with a track pump either!!!

timraven

Generally have to use a compressor or gas cartridge to get it to seat first time. Trip to friendly LBS bearing biscuits is what I usually do.

fozzybear
    Free Member

ahh ok. i’ll see what i can do. as for LBS fallen out with them atm.. may be in better spirits with them post alps..
    thanks though..
    halfords visit or similar for a gas can setup..

scaredypants

are you using plenty of fairy liquid – really helps the bead to seal

maybe you’ve got too much tape? try putting the tyre in with a tube & just see if it will fit right over to the edge of the rim all round

fozzybear
    Free Member

using the right mix according to the no tubes box (1/4 cup liquid + 2 cups water)

tape atm is 2 of spoke tape and some old crap rim tape.

i just can’t get the tyre to go from the on the rim ready to be pumped to on the bead.. 🙁

bobster
    Free Member

I’ve just recently done this set-up again, pig to get up at first. Left it for a bit and came back to it, up first time with a track pump. New valve cores helped as the old ones were a bit gunked up. Right mix and distribution of soap suds will help too. Only got lot of the clear tape on from memory.

fozzybear
    Free Member

these are new strips.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘help pls… Stan’s no tubes + MX719 + High roller folding’ is closed to new replies.