Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help pls! Replacing orange 5 pivot bearings, no pivot blocks
  • julzm
    Free Member

Folks
    Can anyone give advice as to how to replace the pivot bearings on a 2014 orange five that does not have the pivot blocks which allow you to loosen the bearing hold and also prise it out of the swingarm. I’ve seen videos saying to knock the swingarm with a rubber mallet but they are all for pre 2013 bikes. Mine doesn’t have the pivot blocks and hitting the swingarm has no effect.

Many thanks

julzm
    Free Member

Anyone? …….please? Got a big ol lump of metal taking up space in the kitchen.

jonk

It’ll have an axle then like an Alpine

lerk
    Free Member

Yup, detach swingarm by sliding out axle, then knock out/in with appropriate sized sockets! 😉

lerk
    Free Member

I loved the thought of this when they changed the design, but whilst you no longer use the swingarm as a drift, you now have to remove rear brake master cylinder and rear shifter to be able to get the swingarm completely free of the bike…

Reminds me, I must make a threaded puller/pusher, before I have the next set to fit!

julzm
    Free Member

Lerk – thanks for the help. All sorted now – what a palaver! Managed to do it without removing the swingarm (internal routing would have been a nightmare). Divorce also averted….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help pls! Replacing orange 5 pivot bearings, no pivot blocks’ is closed to new replies.