Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • HELP PLS; hayes nine brake bleeding
  • santacruzyork
    Free Member

hi guys, the back brake doesnt seem to have any bite at all!
    iv tried bleeding it my method anyway, opening the resoviour on the lever so level, then opening the blled screw, once opened, i then pulled the trigger right in then shut off the bleed screw, did this process a few times, it draws the fluid down and out of the nipple, but still no bite, please, help, thanks paul

bassspine
    Free Member

use a syringe at the bottom, pull out the plastic bung at the top, don’t open the whole cap, use a syringe without a plunger at the top poked into the hole. Push fluid up from the bottom

santacruzyork
    Free Member

basspine, hi mate, will this defo work? can there be anything else up with it,to prevent it from working? thanks paul

stuey
    Free Member

I’ve used basspine’s method in past – worked fine.

Are you sure the pads aren’t contaminated?

legend
    Free Member

basspine’s method is the official Hayes one, shouldn’t have to take anything apart to bleed Nines

llama

push from caliper to resevoir

instructions on hayes site, videos on you tube

bassspine
    Free Member

if the hoses are ok, the bleed is good and the brakes still don’t bite, then it’s either contaminated pads or damaged seals. So check the pads first because it’s easier and more likely to be the problem. HTH

santacruzyork
    Free Member

the pads are brand new! just there is nothing on the lever, ill get some syringes tomorrow, and give it a go, what seals? is the little o ring what sits inbetween both parts of caliper, thanks paul

DrRSwank
    Free Member

That method does work a trick.

However, I once had a Hayes 9 brake that was beautifully bled and still had no bite. It ended up it just needed some heat putting through it, so I had a run down a local DH course.

Worked fine ever since.

Don’t know if this is a Hayes ‘thing’ but it might be worth a try if the bleed gives you a blank.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Start at the calliper and work your way up. I once had to do it on a brake untouched since fitted at the factory onto a Trek 8900 frame. Never again!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HELP PLS; hayes nine brake bleeding’ is closed to new replies.