Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Help please…summer apartments in the Alps
  • lister

Tignes, Cham, Annecy, anywhere nice! Can you point me in the direction of any good 2 bedroom places to stay that won’t break the bank?
    Looking at the middle weeks of August.
    Cheers

SaxonRider

Camped right near here a couple of years ago and loved it. Mountain biking, hiking, cafes… and while I can’t help with the whole apartment thing, I can say that there appeared to be some beautiful places available in the village.

lister

Little bump for the daytime folk…still looking!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Not sure I’d say Tignes is nice, especially in the summer without the snow to soften it a bit. Pick a resort and contact Tourist Office. Usually many places available as summer is quiet.

lister

Tignes had a lot going on this summer, free lift passes and lots of kids activities. Looked nice in the sun.

I thought there would be more folk on here who had found good websites or nice places to stay…seems not!

mugsys_m8

Leboncoin.fr If your french is reasonable and you are after somewhere in france

richardthird

airbnb

alexxx
    Free Member

As mentioned leboncoin or airbnb… personally I’d do airbnb as most of the savvy renters with nice spaces are on there anyway but you may find a bargain on leboncoin…but doubt it as the French are sticklers for price!

Go near Annacy it’s lush… or go up into Morzine as lac montriond in summer is epic

lister

Excellent, thanks. What goes on at Lac Montriond?

alexxx
    Free Member

It’s a small lac – takes around 30minutes to walk around it.. google it for a pic. You can swim, kayak ect and there is a separate man made but natural water kids bit which you can play racket sports / frisbee ect in.. there are 2 resturaunts on the lac.. there maybe even pedal boating… anyway it’s just a really nice place to spend your time with a bbq, music, kids, book ect ect… and there are some really great walks from there too either up the river for plunge pools or up the mountain for another lac / epic views ect… and further up the hill is the goat village that tourists love.. but it just smells of piss but if you’ve got kids and want a goaty experience.. then go for it!

The other advantage is that you’ve got all of morzine for food choices and other activities like para ponting ect… and obviously biking… then theres les gets with a similar setup 5mins away..

Basically summer in the alps is mecca and morzine imo has one of the best setups for it.. I was there 3 years and may move back again..

vinnyeh

What goes on at Lac Montriond?

Swimming, walking, eating, picnicking. Usual holiday stuff.

Ownersdirect is worth a look.

We’ve stayed here in Morzine for a week in the summer the last few years. It might or might not be more than you want to spend , and is three bedrooms, but the family love it. It’s eligible for the discounted multipass as well.
    At the least it gives you an idea of what you might get for your money..

onewheelgood

I thought the standard STW answer was Samoens? I’ve spent two summers there and loved it. Try http://www.alpsaccommodation.com

Stoner
    Free Member

Around and about Morzine (and Montriond) during the summer:

Lifts up to Avoriaz, Super Morzine, Lindarets & Mossette, Plenney and Nyon. For some great walking.

Les Dereches main swimming complex is open, with 3 indoor and 2 out door pools. There’s even Ice Hockey matches on some evenings.

Parcours (go-ape) below Les Dereches and up the Nyon valley for kids through to adults. The river is great for pratting about in on hot days too.

Aquariaz (indoor water park) is open at Avoriaz and a lot of fun.

Oh, and there’s a few MTB routes too.

Check out http://www.chaletmontana.eu/ for half board options to compare with self catering lets.

lister

Cheers folks.

ade9933
    Free Member

Les Gets is nice. AirBNB a good place to start.

mugsys_m8

Don’t forget that the northern alps such as Morzine etc. typically has wetter weather than the southrrn alps south of say the Maurienne valley. For my money I would advise around Barcelonette or the Queras as etc assuming you are after a summer holiday and not just a biking trip. Moraine, Chamonix ….well they are just Little Britain. Annecy is a good shout if you want to be near a charming big town. Or Briancon.

A Grenoble resident.

mugsys_m8

Queyras

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Help please…summer apartments in the Alps’ is closed to new replies.