Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • help please – will my laptop spec cope with Office 2010?
  • alp_girl
    Free Member

I’ve got a 3 year old laptop with
    a Centrino Duo (U7500, 1GHz),
    1GB of RAM,
    24GB of a 55GB hard drive still free,
    running XP SP3 and Office 2007.

I’m planning on getting Office 2010 including MS Access 2010 – should this work on my laptop without problems?

Thanks for any opinions…

clubber
    Free Member

The processor will probably manage but the memory will likely be a limit – I’d suggest sticking as much in there as you can which is relatively cheap to do.

alp_girl
    Free Member

ehm, this might be a stupid question, but does getting more memory just involve replacing the “memory module” or whatever these “memory strips” are called :oops:?

mossimus
    Free Member

Office 2007 and Office 2010 have same processor and ram requirements soif you are currently happy with offcie 2007 performance then no need to change anything

Office 2010 is fine on my daughter’s netbook. As netbooks are the most feeble devices ever created I reckon you’ll be fine too.

No need to upgrade your memory either.

kimbers

always worth upgrading memory

use the crucial memory scanner and upgrade will increase performance for not much cost
    http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/drammemory.aspx

you can pay 10-20% less if you get the memory they reccomend from elsewhere on the web, i used ebay

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘help please – will my laptop spec cope with Office 2010?’ is closed to new replies.