Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help please – what should I be asking for – selling question
  • Swalsey
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Some of you might have seen my for sale posts of late – some high end XC stuff for a rider who can't ride. It is all in practically new condition, some of it has seen a ride or two on tarmac, but I'm getting emails to the effect of 'its worth a lot less than you think'. What do you think is reasonable for the following please, bearing in mind they really ar in mint condition?

18" S-Works Carbon hardtail frame and fitings, 2008

2009 Race Face Deus XC cranks, rings and BB

2009 Roval Controle XC wheels

Time ATAC Carbon and Ti pedals (CRC = £225!)

Any guidance gratefully received,

Antony

uplink
    Free Member

50% of best available price plus a further 10% per year of age

wwaswas

If you want to know what they're worth to people who are buying at the moment then ebay is the way to go. Particularly if you're not getting offered what you expect on here. The risk is that it goes for less than you want…

If you sell stuff on here you have to be prepared to maybe take a bit less and haggle. Stuff goes quickly if it's correctly priced though.

Generally, if soemthing's been used (even a bit) then you'll be lucky to get more than 60% of whatever the current cheapest internet price is.

Swalsey
    Free Member

I was basing it on the old 50% rule, I think I'll reduce the prices before eBay – eBay will take about 10% anyway… might as well have our lot get it cheaper!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If you want the best price, Ebay. But the charges can stack up there very easily, so you're normally better selling 10-15% lower on here.

uplink
    Free Member

e.g. I reckon the frame is worth around £600

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help please – what should I be asking for – selling question’ is closed to new replies.