Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help please, Specialized headset bearings..
  • pastypunk

I have a 2014 Specialized Stumpjumper fsr carbon comp and it has a intergrated headset, the bearings need replacing but local shop wants £70 for a headset kit. Can I just replace the bearings and if so what bearings do I need to look for?
    Thanks for the help..

stompweaver

I get the headset bearings for my Specialized’s (Stumpjumper FSR Comp and Enduro Expert Carbon) from Aire Bearings on eBay:

Aire Bearings ebay

The top one is MH-P08 and the bottom one is MH-P16H8.

The thing to do is too take the bearings out, they should have the measurements marked on them. If not it’s easy to measure them for yourself and compare the measurements to ones listed for the bearings on eBay. I have used Aire Bearings for years now and the bearings are good quality, reasonably priced and their delivery is quick too. They also sell ceramic bearings for a little more but I tend to use the standard ones and replace them when they get a bit dry and notchy as they are so cheap.

In your position I would whip the forks off and drop the bearings out to double check and then order the replacements. It’s a lot cheaper than paying £70 for a new headset!

Hope this helps. 🙂

‘weav

globalti
    Free Member

We have two Specialized road bikes and the headset bearings are a nightmare – they are not well protected from spray thrown up by the front wheel so the lower bearings rusts for fun if you don’t smear it with grease or lanoline. Different sized frames have different sized bearings and they are hard to find.

At least once you’ve found the right bearing, replacement is quick and easy.

pastypunk

Thanks for the info chaps will have a look..

Baznav
    Free Member
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help please, Specialized headset bearings..’ is closed to new replies.