• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Help please, Roval 15mm end cap frustration
  • tweedviper
    Free Member

Help please, I have a Roval traverse front wheel which has a 110mm hub but the end caps are the larger diameter type for the Rockshox Rs1 upside down fork I think.

I believe it is possible to get some end caps for standard 15mm forks and have seen the product code s125900006 for the 15mm end caps in very old posts but can’t seem to find anyone with them in stock.

Any help gratefully received

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Tried e-mailing Spesh direct?

tweedviper
    Free Member

Thanks curiousyellow

I will try that

ajantom

I imagine someone with a lathe could turn them down for you quite easily.

If you’re anywhere near Exeter I’d do it 🙂

ganic
    Free Member

Your endcaps are likely to be the torque end caps for newer RockShox forks.

tweedviper
    Free Member

IMG_8299

Sorry for the link rather than a photo, I am trying to drag myself out of the dark ages and learn how to upload a picture to Singletrack but it would appear to be too difficult for an ageing dinosaur like me, I have opened a flickr account and uploaded lots of relevant pictures with measurements on but can’t work out how to just paste some photos

Thank you for your patience

simondbarnes

That part number has the following description…

EDC MY11-13 ROVAL FRONT 15MM THRU END CAP SET (L/R) CONTROL TRAIL 29 SL / CONTROL TRAIL 29 /

There are 2 in stock with Spesh UK with a rrp of £20. Any Specialized dealer could order them for you if they’re what you’re after.

tweedviper
    Free Member

Thanks simondbarnes

How do you find that stuff out?

My worry is that will they still maintain the 110mm spacing needed for the forks,

Tracey

If the correct 15mm adaptors don’t give you the required 110mm you need Specialized do a boost adaptor kit for the Roval hubs. I would ring Specialized UK and have a chat with the technical department. We have seven sets of Roval wheels, all with straight pull spokes, and the adaptors aren’t all interchangeable. We ended up sending them photos of one hub to change from 20mm to 15mm to finally get the right ones.

oikeith

little late to the party, but other on MTBR there is a thread for Q&A’s with someone from Roval who answers questions exactly like this!

Northwind

Yup, they have a Roval whisperer who spends his entire life trying to deal with the disaster of different hubs and standards they’ve made 😆 What exact Traversee is it? There’s loads of variations and not all adaptors are available (I had to make my own 15mm adaptors for my 1st gen travsrsees)

Tracey

Its a good way of making extra money. All our wheels except one set came with bikes and as such no other end caps. The one set we bought came with a full set of caps that would fit everything for that hub. Boost then appears and although you can get a boost adapter its alot of messing about.
    The boost hubs we have cant be converted to non boost hubs however all them use the same end caps. Once you find the correct caps getting them can be a nightmare. When we were going from 20mm to 15mm we had to get one set from America and one from Germany as back order in the UK ran into months. Great wheels, not sure why they have to have so many different hub specs and spoke lengths and counts.

oikeith

Tracey, have you used the Roval Travese SL Fattie? I’m tempted by these as an upgrade to the non carbon versions which came on my bike. I find the rear wheel due to its low spoke count and J bend spokes to be quite flexy.

Tracey

We have two sets of the non boost 2016 650b carbon Traverse ELs with 24/28 straight pull spokes and 30mm internal width. The first set came on Abigales S Works Enduro. She buckled the front wheel at a PMBA Enduro race practice and we couldnt find anyone to pull it true so she raced with it buckled. Matt at 18 Bikes sorted it out for us and a different set of carbon wheels were fitted which she raced all season on with no problems, her sister now has that bike and the wheels are still running true. When she got the S Works 29er Enduro for this years competing the wheels were removed and hung on the garage wall straight away.
    I have her original Roval wheels fitted to a Stumpjumper and they have been fine since Matt sorted them for me however I dont ride anything like Abigale does.

The second set of Rovals on Kevins S Works Stumpjumper are identical to the first ones. Two days into our Alps trip he buckled the front wheel and couldnt get it sorted, we had a spare WTB/Hope wheel which he used for the rest of the trip, managed to ding that, and the Roval has been rebuilt again by Matt.

Both back wheels have taken a battering and are still OK.

If I were to buy new, in my opinion, Rovals wouldnt be my first choice, lack of spokes, quickness to repair and get spares been the main reasons.

We are running a few different sets of wide carbon wheels which we havent had any problems with.

tweedviper
    Free Member

Thank you all for your comments it is much appreciated.

To answer a couple of questions the hub is a Roval 110mm hub with straight pull spokes, I have no idea of the year. The codes on the disc side of the hub are 151116 at the top and sp-16153 on the bottom, the codes on the 15mm through end caps are S165900016 on the disc side and S165900017 on the other side.

I will try to upload some pictures now and have also emailed Specialized.

IMG_8311

IMG_8312

IMG_8313

Tracey

If its a 110mm boost hub and are you looking for 15mm end caps, if I get time between finishing work and setting of to Finale tonight I will pull the end caps of the wheel on the garage wall and try and find the part numbers, if not and you arent sorted I can do it when we get back.
    What year is the wheel and what forks are you trying to fit it to.

tweedviper
    Free Member

Many thanks Tracey
    I am not sure what year the hub is but the forks are some 2018 Ohlins RXF 36

Thanks

Tracey

Numbers off a 2017 210mm Roval boost hub that had a 2017 Ohlins 36 fork fitted 15mm adaptors

S165900017 and S165900016

Hub number SP 16153 and 190816

I have taken the pics but won’t have time to post them

These are standard to the three sets of boost wheels we have so you should be able to get them from a Specialized dealer quite easily.

tweedviper
    Free Member

Many thanks Tracey, I have emailed Specialized and waiting for a reply, hopefully they will be able to sort me out, otherwise I will be looking for another Roval traverse boost 650b front wheel that does fit my forks.

wrclarke
    Free Member

Hi tweedviper

did you ever resolve your issue with your hub? I have the same issue

many thanks Wayne

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Help please, Roval 15mm end cap frustration’ is closed to new replies.