Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Help Please – possibly too ill to go on holiday
  • nsbikescore1
    Free Member

We are due to go to Spain on a biking holiday this Sunday but I have woken up today feeling really unwell, possibly flu but I’m not sure as I’ve never had it. I’m worried about being too ill travel and not being able to into the gp to get evidence as it’s the weekend. What are our options?

Cheers all.

tomd
    Free Member

Crazy idea but read your travel insurance policy and see what they require?

br
    Free Member

What, too ill to go on holiday or too ill to go on a biking holiday?

Either way, MTFU.

mtbfix

Rest now. You’ll be grand later.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

As it stands now, I’d be struggling to travel. That’s my dilemma, rest and hope I’ll be alright or get the ball rolling with cancelling / postponing

hairyscary

You could get your mum to write you a note.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m worried about being too ill travel

With the ‘flu’, seriously?

Drac

If it was Flu you’d not be even posting on here never mind thinking about going on holiday.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Missed a good friends stag do in barcelona with the flu, cancelled on the day so got nowt back. half of them got mugged and didn’t go out the second night. So who’s laughing now? (no one).

True story

kudos100
    Free Member

If you had flu you’d be in bed curled up in the foetal position moaning like a cheap hooker.

What you have is man flu, otherwise known as a virus.

Likelihood is you’ll be fine in a day or two.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Kudos +1

though I hope you’re feeling better soon and are enjoying your holiday…bring us back some sun please!

perchypanther
    Free Member

This could be an elaborate ploy to justify an e-bike.

“I’m too ill to pedal but don’t want to ruin the holiday. This e-bike’ll be cheaper than cancelling…..”

I once had to change the heating element in an an electric oven when I had the flu. A 15 minute job that was the most miserable 5 hours of my life.

binners

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ[/video]

Thats you, that is!

I once got proper flu while the other half was away. I had no-one to moan too, and had to go to the shops myself to stock up on Lemsips. Can you imagine? Torture it was!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Don’t buy into this whole “man flu” bollocks, it’s just sexist bullshit.

Couple of weeks ago I dared to mentioned I was feeling a bit unwell, oh the wails of “MAN FLU” came from every corner, “oh have you got a sniffle?” suffered it for a week, ended up in hospital with Flu and Pneumonia, was back in work 4 days later.

NZCol

OP – that probably didn’t go as well as you expected did it ?

scandal42
    Free Member

Have you actually ever experienced real flu?

scandal42
    Free Member

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Go on hols. Suffer it…

…and pass your illness on to everyone else on the ‘plane who is hoping to have a relaxing break 😆

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

No, it wasn’t quite what I was after but such is life. I can’t MTFU (heinous term) as I’m a girl and no I’ve never been diagnosed with flu before but I know also that I haven’t felt this shocking in years.

Bunnyhop

Just ignore them.
    Hopefully you’ve just got a virus which could clear up quickly.

Edit. Stay in bed, keep yourself warm and take plenty of fluids.

martinhutch

Get on the plane…what’s the worst that could happen?

Seriously, it’s still quite a while until Sunday, and if you cancel your holiday this afternoon, then recover completely by Saturday night, you may be a teeny bit pissed off.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Proper flu had me in bed for a week unable to move without excruciating pain the one time I had it. Took weeks to recover from fully.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Have you actually ever experienced real flu?

No, but I’ve had ‘flu’.

scaredypants

ended up in hospital with Flu and Pneumonia, was back in work 4 days later

pah!
    I had ebola last week and that brought on a relapse of my c’AIDS (the bad one).
    They tried to take me to hospital but I had an iron-man triathlon to win, …

toppers3933
    Free Member

Give over ya big Mary. Get packed and go on holiday.

rickon
    Free Member

I was off work a week before I went on holiday riding in the Alps, was still ill for the first three days of the holiday – felt like I was going to puke all day, had hot sweats whenever we stopped. I was necking painkillers all day.

Felt better on the fourth day. Was fine by the end of the week, and totally glad I went – as I now just remember the awesome riding, and not the being ill.

Just go. You can either be ill at home, and get better – then wish you were away, or you can go away, be ill for a couple of days and actually be away already.

What’s there to lose?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Help Please – possibly too ill to go on holiday’ is closed to new replies.