• This topic has 58 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by igm.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • HELP PLEASE my cooker door has just fallen off
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

I am on the Devon somerset border just outside Wellington

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve found that the glue Clearview stoves sell in their door seal kit is brilliant. Rubbery in texture and works really well.
    Will defo fix you door.

dooosuk
    Free Member

So, surely you must have been down the shops at opening time…what’s the progress?

Post some pics of the repair to keep those of us at work amused!

Sui
    Free Member

Serious response, get to Halfords and get some Dent repair

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_747583_langId_-1_categoryId_165625

it’s called P38 – once the two solutions are mixed they go like metal/rock (whatever), but it’s regularly advised when fixing fire surrounds to walls etc.

Can’t say for certin if the glass will have enough texture for it to adhere, but worth a go??

sharkbait
    Free Member

it’s called P38 – once the two solutions are mixed they go like metal/rock (whatever), but it’s regularly advised when fixing fire surrounds to walls etc.

Fire surrounds aren’t opened and closed every day. p38 is basically just a filler and won’t work for this application….. needs something with a bit of flexibility.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Buy a mini worktop cooker? That will cook a roast.

Get a large one for £70 or just buy a new oven.

Good luck OP, really crappy timing for things to break 🙁

Sui
    Free Member

sharkbait – Member

Fire surrounds aren’t opened and closed every day. p38 is basically just a filler and won’t work for this application….. needs something with a bit of flexibility.

fair comment, but as a temporary fix, surely worth a go – unless of course something more suitable turns up.

Stoner
    Free Member

It sounds like it’s properly goosed.
    Nothing to get heated about though.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’ve never heard of a door falling off – maybe he bought a turkey?

igm

Bodge time. Gaffa tape some loft insulation to the front. Won’t look pretty but will get the oven up to temperature and stop people burning themselves. Might need some card / ply on the outside to prevent people scratching themselves on the glass wool.
    At worst you could probably nick some insulation from the loft for one night and you have gaffa of course don’t you. Otherwise B&Q will be open for a bit yet.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Fair comment about the outer door not being needed but alas in my place with 2 dogs we have to take the safe option

Shut the kitchen door?

Or as above cover the oven door with something, piece of hardboard, thin mdf and gaffa tape it in place.

BadlyWiredDog

My oven door glass fell off a couple of years ago, I fixed it using a high temperature silicone adhesive called Silcoset 158 made by ACC Silicones.

This stuff.

Works fine.

saladdodger
    Free Member

thanks for the replies folks

I have resorted to a real bodge with a bit of angle iron across the base of the glass looks shite but works

The wife is a happy bunnie too 😀

grantway
    Free Member

As above

saladdodger
    Free Member

And bodgtastic works to the bird is in and a cooking

enfht
    Free Member

Stick some gorilla tape over the dog’s noses to be safe.

Merry Christmas.

brant
    Free Member

Pics!

Slogo
    Free Member

igm – Member
    Bodge time. Gaffa tape some loft insulation to the front. Won’t look pretty but will get the oven up to temperature and stop people burning themselves. Might need some card / ply on the outside to prevent people scratching themselves on the glass wool.
    At worst you could probably nick some insulation from the loft for one night and you have gaffa of course don’t you. Otherwise B&Q will be open for a bit yet.

worst advice ever!

igm

Saying it wouldn’t have worked slogo?

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘HELP PLEASE my cooker door has just fallen off’ is closed to new replies.