Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Help Please: how to get rid of fleas?
  • barn
    Free Member

Dog died. Fleas now on me. Can’t get rid.
    House has been fully treated multiple times.
    Have chucked out clothes, frozen the rest.
    Any good ideas?

Poopscoop

Is this a poem?

(Sorry to hear about dog though)

barn
    Free Member

HA – wish it was.
    Genuine bad scene.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Esme
    Free Member

What’s the timescale to all this? And what treatments have you used in the house?

Dog fleas can’t really survive on humans for long. But there’ll be lots of eggs in your carpets, etc waiting to hatch out, into hungry baby fleas.

The problem should disappear on its own, eventually. But obviously you don’t want to just wait for a few weeks.

So, in the meantime, there are very effective fumigation treatments which should work quickly.

Fascinating little buggers, though!

zippykona

Did you treat your house or a pro?
    The pro stuff is a lot stronger.

tenfoot

We had problems with cat fleas when we first moved into our current house. We tried to treat the problem ourselves but in the end we had to get a pest control company in, which did the trick.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Flea larva eat dust. Vaccum everywhere and dispose of the bag off the property. Vaccum under things, vaccum over things. Vaccum again.

Spray thoroughly with a spray that contains insect growth inhibitor/regulator, again over and under. Seal the house up good, go out for the day. Return several hours before you need to be in the house and open up all doors and windows to allow the chems out.

If in doubt, repeat.

You can also call the council and ask if they can help.

Edit- in that one minute you probably got the answer 😀

Good luck

Moses

Vaccuum clean the carpets and all soft furnishings. The eggs take a week to hatch, the mini-maggots eat dead skin, fur, etc. If you suck up the eggs and maggot food the fleas won’t hatch. Often the eggs are resistant to insecticde, but not to a hoover.

fisha
    Free Member

As above, lots of vacuuming.

As for spray, I liberally used virbac indorex successfully.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Get another dog..

ajantom

And treat it for fleas.

ajantom

Had similar when I moved into a shared house. Previous tenant had had cats which they hadn’t treated.
    Lots of hoovering, liberal powdering of carpet, wash clothes on hot, and flea bombs.

martinhutch

Borrow a dog who has been treated and take him for walkies around your gaff?

z1ppy

As above had success with lots of thorough vaccuming & indorex flea spray

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

rented a proprty whilst my house was being repaired. Previous tenant looked after a dog for a week just before moving out. After about a month I started getting bitten. Used flea bombs and didn’t have anymore issues.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Help Please: how to get rid of fleas?’ is closed to new replies.