Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help please!
  • hammermason
    Free Member

Upgraded the old girl to 1×10 but having problems with the gears. The chain happily goes into the 36 cog at the back but when back pedalling, it forces the chain off that largest cog and down the cassette a few gears.
    I’ve taken a spacer from the bb driveside to try and centralise the chainset a little in relation to the block but this hasn’t fixed the issue.
    I’ve also added a link to the chain, thinking I had cut it too short but this didn’t fix it either.
    Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

mjsmke

What cranks and what position is the chainring in?

If using a triple crankset make sure the chainring is in the middle ring position.

I get the same issue on my 1×11 set up but I’ve done about 1000 miles pedalling forward and all of about 1 meter pedalling backwards in the largest rear sprocket so not bothered by it.

hammermason
    Free Member

It’s an slx triple that I’ve put a 32 race face narrow/wide ring on.

duncancallum

Free hubs not tight?

hammermason
    Free Member

Duncan, I think the freehub is fine but how could I check?

monkeyboyjc

Do you back pedal that often to make it an issue.
    There was a thread on this a while ago – issues with a 42t extender though – the general consensus was just don’t back pedal….
    You could try checking the b tension screw?

hammermason
    Free Member

Agreed Monkeyboy but was just wanting to make sure it wasn’t the result of something not working. Doesn’t happen in any other gear and I’ve played around with the b tension screw with no effect.
    Guess I’ll just not back pedal!
    Thanks for all your replies so far

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help please!’ is closed to new replies.