Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Help picking a mtb please
  • carlos1974
    Free Member

Hello guys

Hope you can assist

I have a road bike bought on a cycle scheme a few years back easy to decide how to spend my grand as I knew more about road groupsets ,frames wheels ect.
    now I’m legible for another scheme and want a mtb this is where I struggle ,Im not sure about groupsets , decent front suss , 27.5 \29er or even full suss .
    I’m 5ft 9 and will be using it on local trails mainly ,nothing too competetive .
    I went to a local shop who said this was the best bike for the buck https://www.orangebikes.co.uk/bikes/clockwork-120-s
    however reading reviews its sounds a little overpriced for the money.

I went to another large cycle shop who recommended this bike
    http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/mountain/cross_country/superfly/superfly_5/

Then I read the new go outdoors full suss is a bargain also seen some bargains on pauls cycles ,so as you all can understand I’m slightly confused any advise or other bikes I should look at I would be so grateful

Thanks Carl

carlos1974
    Free Member

Just a note I also sent a few email to Paul’s cycles with no reply

chestrockwell

Orange bikes are great IMO but you can usually find more kit for the money. My friend got a On One Parkwood on the scheme and is very happy with it.

What is your budget?

eltonerino

Bird zero is a lovely bike in that budget. (Although, I would say that. I own one)

carlos1974
    Free Member

Chestrockwell £1000 or willing to go just over for the right bike which I can do on my scheme

Thanks

carlos1974
    Free Member

I couldn’t find anything in that ball park on the bird website also got to be on ctw scheme buddy

benpinnick

Were out of Velvet forks right now so you wont find the £995 model anywhere – the closest right now is the Zero.3 with Sektors. Will be back in stock in a while though….

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

On-One chap

carlos1974
    Free Member

Thanks Ben I will ring up tomorrow to work something out I sent a message on fb which you have just replied not sure if that was you .

Carl

carlos1974
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for the help just ordered a bird zero with a few upgrades

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help picking a mtb please’ is closed to new replies.