Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Help persuade my dad not to buy a 1.6HDI engined car.
  • RustyNissanPrairie

My old man has a 1.6petrol Citroen C4 (3 years old 27k miles) still under warranty and for pretty much the last year its been loosing coolant from the header tank/cap.
    Citroen have been pretty good and changed the water pump/tank/cap and checked everything under warranty numerous times but it still looses water. Final fling for Citroen is to change the head gasket…………

which leads my dad to falling out of love the car and has seen a low mileage (2k) C3 but with the 1.6HDI engine. Trouble is he in his 60’s and does approx 6k miles a year of mainly short journeys. He’s a ‘shove it in top gear at 30mph and let it lug’ type of driver as well and does not exceed 70mph 60mph-ever.

I’ve warned him about DPF, DMF and the clogging oil pickup/killing the turbo issues with this engine but I dont think he’s listening.

Help me dissuade him!

mattsccm
    Free Member

point him to Honest Johns website to start. Well maybe find it yourself and print it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Help persuade my dad not to buy a 1.6HDI engined car.’ is closed to new replies.