Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help thicky with mp3 purchasing
  • sweep
    Free Member

Hi, earlier for the first time I made a list of a few tracks I wanted to buy online as mp3. I found Tesco’s music site and they had the tracks so I bought 6 of them and it made me install some **** download manager… anyway, got the tracks.

Next thing I started Roxio CD Creator and dragged those mp3 tracks in (as well as a load more I had from rips) cos I wanted to make a CD for the car. Hey presto, didn’t let me. Licensing messages.

So, I thought, at least I’ll drag and drop them onto my Sony MP3 player and listen to them whilst I go out cycling, that’ll work. Nope. Hey presto ‘file error’ just on those tracks.

I can listen to them on the computer, is that all I can do? cos that is effing sh1t, what a rip off, cos I don’t want to listen to them on my computer. How do I get round this then, what do people do???

OR…

Where can I buy tracks from legally that I can just make a CD of and listen to on my MP3 player (which is one of those drag and drop ones cos I don’t want any sh1t software clogging my machine up with something ‘proprietory’).

Someone help please !!!!

DezB
    Free Member

Legal download sites for mainstream stuff – hmvdigital.com,
    amazon.co.uk, http://www.7digital.com/
    1000s of others.

Tesco one sounds crazy that it won’t let you burn them. Even iTunes purchases can be burnt to CD!

AdamW
    Free Member

It looks as if you may have bought WMA files instead of MP3s – if your player won’t accept DRM-encumbered files then it won’t play them.

Are you sure they are MP3 files and not WMA? Take a look in your media player and see what kind they are. If they are ‘protected WMA’ files then you’ll have to remove the encryption somehow and translate to MP3.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, just looked at Tesco site – theres a WMA tab and a MP3 tab. I suspect you bought WMAs, as Adam says.

sweep
    Free Member

Cheers Ad & Debz, complete correct. The default tab when you search is the WMA one as well which didn’t help.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help thicky with mp3 purchasing’ is closed to new replies.