Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help needed w/Rockshox Reba’s
  • lodious
    Free Member

I’ve got a problem with a pair of 2008 Reba SL’s (dual air w/motion control and remote lockout) leaking oil on the damping side (comes from a silver domed part which has a very small o-ring underneath it) and is fitted in the middle of the blue remote lockout wheel. The o-ring looks damaged, and I can’t find a replacement. I also need a replacement circlip as I’ve stretched it too far. The service instructions don’t mention this o-ring at all, I’m wondering if I’m going to need a whole new motion control. I’ve heard reports of faulty montion control dampers, could this be an example with a problem?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I should have a spare o-ring I’ll have a look in a bit, can’t you bend the circlip gently back into shape with some pliers? the id should be about 9.5mm.

LoCo
    Free Member
    globalti
    Free Member

I had the same with my Rebas. Took them back to Merlin Cycles and complained that they had started leaking when almost new and was rudely informed that I was not telling the truth and that I was supposed to maintain them. Insisted they look at them, got them back many days later – no better. Eventually I sent them to the distributor who couldn’t have been nicer about it. In the meantime I put some rigid carbon forks on the MTB so the (presumably repaired) Rebas are still sitting in my garage, unused. Dunno if I will ever bother with suspension forks again, they weigh a ton, cost a fortune, need maintaining and for a XC rider a carbon fork is plenty smooth enough.

lodious
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, spoke to TF Tuned who will sort it for £25, so that looks like the best option.

LoCo
    Free Member

Seal kit £5 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help needed w/Rockshox Reba’s’ is closed to new replies.