Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • help needed with rs monarch rt3 air can service.
  • bobbyspangles

So I popped the sleeve off and serviced the shock fine.
    My problem is that the ifp schraeder valve will not hold air.
    I have removed the core and it works-tested it on an inner tube. When screwing the core in it gets the necessary depth and stops working! Very frustrating and I cannot work or out so would appreciate any advice people may have please.

BlobOnAStick

Hi,

I had similar problems – turns out that there’s no stop that you can screw the valve to, so it bottoms out on the inside of the shaft.

I searched high and low to find a short enough valve after I destroyed the one that was fitted by firstly screwing it in until it stopped and then screwing the adaptor on so far that it bent the part the seals the valve.

My solution involved very carefully screwing the valve in and making sure after each turn I could still depress the valve needle, it turns out I can only depress it by a fraction of a millimetre, but it’s enough. I had to drill the adaptor out (2mm drill bit I think) to ensure that it didn’t depress the needle too far and bend it.

To inflate the IFP camber I remove all pressure, screw in the adaptor, pump up to 300psi and watch as the needle slowly drops (this is the pressure going into the chamber, it’s not leaking if the pressure drop stops…… I hope!) I keep doing this until I’m happy with the pressure when the needle stops falling, It’s easy to over do it, but practice makes perfect!

Hope this helps, it’s a bugger, but now I can top up the IFP it makes the shock soooo much better.

Ben

bobbyspangles

Thank you for that.
    I have had the shock apart all evening and I think I have solved it. Tricky part was removing the tiny plastic ball under the bleed port grub screw. Man you have to push it hard!
    removing the pump and adaptor from the ifp valve is a joke, to be sure of the psi one would need a drill attachment to whip it off.
    Hey Ho. I now have a delicious aroma of 5wt fluid and rsi in my fingers so off to bed.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘help needed with rs monarch rt3 air can service.’ is closed to new replies.