Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help needed with Microsoft Access…
  • Ag

Is there anyone out there that's a bit handy with Access? I've got to create a database & can't figure the damned package out. It's got to be the least user friendly, least intuitive piece of plop that Gates has ever bestowed upon us.

I'm sure if you know what you're doing it'd be a 15minute job to create what I'm after. sadly, I don't know what I'm doing & losing patience with trying to figure it out. If anyone's proficient with this hateful software & has a few minutes spare please drop me a line. I'll make you a cake.

mrmo
    Free Member

what are you trying to do? i might be able to offer some help.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

It always had wizards to magic up complete 'contact' type databases. I presume 2007 still does, though I have to confess, I'm slightly horrified by the unfamiliar new look. What version are you using?

ex-pat
    Free Member

Start with your table design – if it's a simple database then something you can represent in a single table should do it – consider how you'd represent it in a spreadsheet.
    Then, you'll want to write some queries – use the query wizard for that, much easier than trying the SQL view.
    Then, wrap it up in a form or two.

But to be honest, it's hard cos it's prototype data/application land, albeit snubbed by any developers the world over.

You can do a lot of damage in a very small amount of time with Access…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help needed with Microsoft Access…’ is closed to new replies.