Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help needed with Fox 34 Float 160mm CTD
  • ditchy285
    Free Member

I have a pretty much brand new set of Fox 34’s, probably only 6 rides with them so far. I noticed today that when in climb mode the fork sinks into its travel about 28mm before it goes rigid/locks out. I cant fully remember but i thought when they were new on the bike and i put them into climb mode it went rigid/locked out at the top of its travel. Trail and descent mode seem to work fine, forks are at 75 psi.

Anyone know if its just ‘bedded in’ or something inside has gone wrong? Appreciate anyone else’s thoughts and experiences with these, cheers.

theraggyone
    Free Member

Climb isnt a lock out it just adds more platform (low speed compression) so it takes more effort to compress the fork on low speed hits ie pedaling . It should compress still in climb mode and should open up to absorb bigger /faster impacts if needed. Sounds like its working fine asong as it feels stiffer in climb than trail and desent when you push down on the bars.

ditchy285
    Free Member

It is stiffer then climb and trail BUT only once it goes through its first 20-30mm travel. That first 20-30mm too feels the same kind of softness as when its in trail/descent. My worry is that when the fork first went on it was stiff right at the top of its travel and now its different. The only thing i can think of is that i that i left it in climb and forgot about it and did the first bit of the B-Line @ llandegla but changed it fairly soon in. Im not sure how the internals work but is it possible that ive forced some fluid out of the cartridge or something?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    winrya
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound right to me. My 2014 versions are rock solid in climb mode

ditchy285
    Free Member

Mine were too but i guess not any more! Anyone know if this is a DIY fix? Anyone taken opened up the CTD cartridge before? or is it best sending it off…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ignore the first reply to the thread 🙂

its not normal at all, they should be rock solid (mine are) in climb mode, very very very very minimal movement, cetaintly absolutely no where near 28mm defo something gone wrong internally

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help needed with Fox 34 Float 160mm CTD’ is closed to new replies.