Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Help needed Somerset
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Wouldn’t normally ask on here but we have been let down with a couple of weeks to go.

We need marshals!!!

For the Southern Enduro Champs in Minehead, Somerset
    15th & 16th April 2017

We have been let down by the Cadet’s who were providing 13 marshal’s but unfortunately they had double booking.

Everyone who helps out will receive £60 for the weekend or £30 per day if you can only do one. You will also get lunch and a drink on both days.

There is free camping and free parking on site too.
    Beer tent too (Not Free)

We will need marshals on the course from approx. 08:00hrs-16:00hrs so please be prepared to be out in the woods for roughly that length of time. At this stage we need anyone who is interested in helping out to get back in touch with me (Scott Fitzgerald) via email SouthernenduroAThotmail.com
    and confirm that you will definitely be there.
    Once we have a confirmed list of marshals we will then delegate specifically what you will be doing on the day.

Please feel free to forward this on to anyone else who you think may be interested.
    Thank you all in advance and I will look forward to hearing from you.

More event info

grubbish
    Free Member

What age do these marshalls need to be?

Klunk
    Free Member

easter sunday, good luck 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scottfitz
    Free Member

grubbish – Member

What age do these marshalls need to be?

16 or over

scottfitz
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crew

kaiser
    Free Member

surely you can pay a bit more … 450 entries available at £60 , if full = £27000.
    £30 a day for 8 hrs standing in woods possibly pissing down and an early start on easter weekend.
    If you’re prepared to pay a fair rate then i’d do it.

scottfitz
    Free Member

kaiser – Member

surely you can pay a bit more … 450 entries available at £60 , if full = £27000.
    £30 a day for 8 hrs standing in woods possibly pissing down and an early start on easter weekend.
    If you’re prepared to pay a fair rate then i’d do it.
    What is a fair rate? £80 for the weekend? We have always paid the marshal the price of 1 ticket for the event or a free entry to another race. We are not sold out by the way.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

£30 a day for 8 hrs standing in woods possibly pissing down and an early start on easter weekend

I’d say £30 a day was quite well paid, I’ve marshalled motorsport events like hillclimbs & rallying where you are out in the woods all day and all you get is a lunch voucher at the burger van for your trouble or a £5 supermarket voucher.

A lot of events you get nothing, doing that sort of thing is not all about money for some people 😉

kaiser
    Free Member

Not being funny but it’s not for charity as i understand it so under the circumstances ..yes i think £80 to £100 would be a bit fairer. maybe if i was 16 and doing nothing else then the original offer would be fine. In my case i’d have to travel from exeter so fuel/time etc. if it was a really exciting event for spectators like a motorsport then obviously marshalling would be more appealing.
    If i were you i’d mail all the riders as they are bound to come with parents/friends etc who will probably just be standing about and happy to earn a few quid and make themselves useful.
    if you’re desperate mail in profile but you’re probably feeling frustrated by my post!
    Good luck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Help needed Somerset’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts