Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help needed – smartphone app developer in the house?
  • Smudger666

Chaps

I’m trying to get a budget price for placing a simple (10 inputs or so) spreadsheet on to an app that I could issue to my external sales force to use in front of clients. I don’t want anything fancy, just a question with a bit of explanation and the input on a page, with a next button. Once the questions are answered, I want a very basic calculation carried out to make a recommendation of product selection.

I’m not an it person and have been lost by the info on the apple store. Does anyone have any idea what this might cost, or where I can get an idea from?

scrumfled
    Free Member

google docs spreadsheet with a form front end?

Mackem

If you already have it as an Excel spreadsheet then there should be an apple app that can deal with the Excel sheet.

Smudger666

Do google docs work offline?

joemarshall
    Free Member

Assuming the reason you don’t want a spreadsheet is because
    a)you want it to be branded and nice and not look like they are just hacking some numbers
    or
    b)you don’t want sales people to be able to mess up the sheet

then you could build an html5 web app, and either wrap it with one of the wrappers which make them into a native app (phonegap etc.), or use html5 offline web app stuff, which makes your web app work even when you aren’t online.

You’d need to know a bit of javascript / html / css, but that is a lot easier than learning proper app development or getting a full custom app. Easy enough to do for someone who knows any javascript (or is willing to google enough javascript to hack it together). How much work it’d be would depend on how complex it was and what other lovely features you decided you needed (product pictures or whatever).

It really would be quite easy, if you can work excel and do cunning stuff in it, you could probably hack something together.

molgrips
    Free Member

If it’s that simple I can help you out for a small fee 🙂 email in profile.

Smudger666

Molgrips – YGM 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help needed – smartphone app developer in the house?’ is closed to new replies.