Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Help needed – manchester question
  • Jezkidd
    Free Member

So it looks like I’m going to be working in manchester area over the summer. I’m not going to miss out on a summers worth of evening rides so I need to find somewhere to store a bike during the week. I’ve checked out the hub in piccadilly and pop up bikes and unfortunately both these places close by 8, which is too early for post work rides.

Does anyone know of any other options?

Cheers,

Jez

matt1986
    Free Member

Not sure about storage mate but riding there is some decent stuff. Clayton vale, Phillips park and marple roman lakes. Then you have the peaks that are reachable as is rivington pike.

scaled
    Free Member

Where in manchester are you working? Is there not a work car park you could use?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Work car park isn’t an option unfortunately, I’d given that some thought

buck53

Outside of self storage units and the options you mentioned I don’t of anywhere specific.

Might be worth ringing Harry Halls or the other local shops to see if they have any leads. I know the velodrome store track bikes for people, whether they’d do it for a mtb and what access is like, I don’t know.

The Triumph Dealer have a storage facility they will store your motorbike in over the winter etc. Can’t imagine they’d have a problem storing an mtb but again, not sure what access is like.

If you get completely stuck I can probably find some space amongst the clutter in my garage for you.

globalti
    Free Member

Can’t you keep it in your hotel room?

portlyone

Can’t you keep it in your hotel room?

Probably too big to fit in the safe…

mickolas
    Free Member

bike locker users club. seems to be only out of town unfortunately but may be worth a look:

http://cycling.tfgm.com/cycling-bluc.htm

fwiw horwich parkway is excellently sited for rivington.

Bruce

Could you not put it in a bike bag and take it into where you are staying?

unovolo
    Free Member

Have you looked into renting out a storage cupboard at one of these self storage places ie.Big Yellow.
    Pretty certain you can get 24hr access at these places no idea on cost though.

Failing that if you could say were abouts your working/staying maybe some kind soul on here may offer to store your bike for you.

I’d offer but I have no idea wherabouts in town/Mcr your going to be.

samuri
    Free Member

And I assume your place of work won’t have any cycle facilities other than the car park?

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Samurai, no facilities at all for me

hallz
    Free Member

Which area are you staying in?

Also, if you are staying in a hotel then give them a call. A lot of hotels now have secure indoor locked places to keep bikes – just make sure its well locked up. Give them a call – no harm in trying!

samuri
    Free Member

When I worked in Newcastle I regularly kept my bike in the hotel although it was a road bike.
    Sometimes they let me keep in the main office and other times they let me keep it in the room.

What about a friendly Manchester resident?

buck53

What about a friendly Manchester resident?

maybe some kind soul on here may offer to store your bike for you.

At the risk of blowing my own trumpet:

buck53 – Member
    I can probably find some space amongst the clutter in my garage for you.

Just putting it out there. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Help needed – manchester question’ is closed to new replies.