Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help needed in flatland France
  • stavromuller
    Free Member

Mrs. S. booked a gite in the Loire near Saumur and I didn’t have time to scope out anything before departure. On arrival it looks flat and dull apart from the odd lump. The local info on routes looks dull too, anyone know of any interesting rides round here?

PePPeR

Check with the local tourist offices, as you’re lucky to be going on holiday in September and everything starts back up again!

Around the Vendee, the local football clubs organise loads of MTBing for general training and loads of people turn up.

Hopefully there will be something similar for you too. Take a GPS with you and you can then retake the routes again afterwards 😉

Bez

Been there a few times but haven’t done that much MTBing there – some nice roads though, and no shortage of woods, even if it’s flat. Doubt you’ll find anything technical.

Cheer yourself up with a meal on the balcony at les Menestrels or the stunning Franco-Oriental posh-nosh at le Gambetta.

bigG
    Free Member

Spent two weeks there earlier this summer, from what I saw don’t expect large amounts of epic descending. I wish I’d taken a road bike though. The roads were lovely.

Can give you loads of recommendations on vineyards, places to eat, places to visit if you want. Drop me a line if you do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help needed in flatland France’ is closed to new replies.