Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Help Needed – Boring Roof Bars Question
  • Matt-P
    Free Member

I’ve got Thule roof bars with a pair of bike carriers that attach to the 20mm T Track. I want to push the bars to the edge to fit a slim roof box down the middle.

Is there any limit to how close to the end of the bars I can attach the carrier? (To get enough space for the box). Google and the Thule manual don’t seem to specify.

scotroutes

I guess you’ve already considered that you won’t be able to get into the roof box with bikes fitted?

I used to run a wide roof box at one side and a bike carrier at the other. That worked fine.

leffeboy

Don’t know but I run slim roof box to the side and two bike carriers on the other side with one of the carriers reversed to get the bikes closer. Don’t recall any problems opening the box either but my memory is rubbish

Matt-P
    Free Member

Happy enough that I can’t get in to the box without taking the bikes off, don’t seem to have enough room to get them nose to tail as handlebars / pedals etc keep trying to get in the way!

timmys

You should really be able to get more room nose to tail carriers on one side. However I’d reckon you can go as close to the edge with the carriers as you like, as long as you aware how far your bars might stick out the side!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help Needed – Boring Roof Bars Question’ is closed to new replies.