Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help needed!
  • donsimon
    Free Member

How the fcuuuuuuuuk are you supposed to cook lentils? Those interesting side effects a not wanted. Help me make my lentils a gas free zone.

Love and farts to all. 😉

meehaja
    Free Member

soak over night, in salt water if you like em salty, then cook, in fresh water, bring slowly to boil and then simmer on low heat. Add some spices if you like flavour. Enjoy. As for the farting, if you don't want gas, don't eat fibre. Or, be like me, get plenty of fibre, make farting a celebration of a healthy bowel and if anyone complains shout "do you want me to get a bowel obstruction??" in their face. Then fart again.

Nice in a pita with some salad and some kidney beans.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The lentils I use don't need soaking overnight – Hungry Jack organic ones I think.

But they are utterly great are lentils. Just been making baby food with them and I often sneak a mouthful myself 8)

genesis
    Free Member

As above, I like to cook them in chicken stock. My fave is puy lentils with duck , yum.

bassspine
    Free Member

mmmmm, dhal

just google it, there's loads of tasty ways to cook lentils

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheers. Would the quality affect them? These are supermarket own brand and are quite potent.

thegreatape
    Free Member

There's only one way to eat lentils, and that is via the medium of popadoms.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help needed!’ is closed to new replies.