Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Help! Need to retrieve a letter
  • tyger
    Free Member

Just posted in my local letterbox a letter which I didn't mean to send. Because of my working hours (7am – 3.30pm) I cannot catch the postie – is there anyone I can contact to retrieve my letter before it's taken from the postbox?

GlenMore
    Free Member

tyger – Member

Just posted in my local letterbox a letter which I didn't mean to send. Because of my working hours (7am – 3.30pm) I cannot catch the postie – is there anyone I can contact to retrieve my letter before it's taken from the postbox?

I don't think you're even allowed to "intercept" it from the postie.

nuke

How do you prove to the postie which letter is your one? Sorry but I don't think there's anything you can do.

Smee
    Free Member

you could always set the post box alight if its that important. I do not condone such actions though.

tyger
    Free Member

Anyone know what time the Post Office local sorting office opens? How would I find a contact number for them?

sc-xc

This sounds intriguing…what's the letter? A declaration of love to your mate's wife? 😉

tyger
    Free Member

No it's a condolence card that's premature!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

How did you manage that?

tyger
    Free Member

Don't ask!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Go on, it must be good!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Don't pour a large amount of dyed water into the letter box

sc-xc

get a hitman?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

oops!

My od man once posted his resignation letter then had a change of mind

He considered the petrol and matches solution but decided this would lead to time inside if caught so posted a sloppy blueberry pie instead before the next collection

It didnt work

Good luck

daveob
    Free Member

You cannot, under any circomestances intercept the mail. Either fess up or it will require petrol!

sc-xc

Could you orchestrate some kind of industrial action which would delay the delivery?

fubar
    Free Member

bloody kids – they have been known to empty the contents of a firework or two into a postbox and set light to it…terrible thing to do

phildowling
    Free Member

Lay in wait for the postie at the delivery address and jump his as he goes to deliver it? Perhaps wear a hoddie the local kids will get the blame

Can we ask what the letter was about?…

avdave2

You've got to think outside the post box here. You cannot do anything about the fact that the letter is posted but you can do something about the fact that it appears to be premature. Something like this…

carlosg
    Free Member

Once a letter enters the box it becomes the property of HM the queen until the times it goes through the box of the addresee

However if you were to wait at the box for the collection and explain your predicament to the collecting postie then he/she might help , contacting the local delivery office would have no effect as they only do delivery not collections.

If you can't get it back from the collecting postie then the only choice is to 'fess up to the family recieving the letter and explain what a f**kwit you've been.

tyger
    Free Member

Nice LOL!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Don't worry, by the time the **** posties actually get around to collecting/ delivering the letter, it probably won't be premature?

tyger
    Free Member

🙂

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

You've got to think outside the post box here.

Very rarely do I laugh out loud when on this forum, but this was one of those rare moments! Brilliant.

bananaworld
    Free Member

it's a condolence card that's premature

We really can't help until we know the details…

colnagokid

mates kid recently posted an envelope with £350 in it! They explained to the local sorting office-described it etc. and got it back. Worth a try?
    There's had no address so would be intercepted by sorting machine I suppose

carlos
    Free Member

fubar+1. it's possible that no one will be any the wiser it's just that time of year

Jamie
    Free Member

myfatherwasawolf:

Very rarely do I laugh out loud when on this forum, but this was one of those rare moments! Brilliant.

Really? i thought the stand out moment so far was Barry Bethel's contribution.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Help! Need to retrieve a letter’ is closed to new replies.