Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Help – need to buy a good toy for my 3 year old nephew?
  • tyger
    Free Member

Radio controlled toy car? Colouring Books? What can you suggest that would be great and last?

Many thanks T

Harry_the_Spider

Playmobil Dragon.

My lad has one. He calls it Steve.

clubber
    Free Member

Duplo (or the cheaper version – Megabloks) – my son’s three and plays with it for hours on end.

matt_outandabout

Playmobil, age appropriate Lego or books FTW, every time.
    Best book series by a mile in OAB household:

Lucas
    Free Member

Summers coming how about an outdoor toy, we got a rope swing for our son last summer (when he was 2) and tied it to a tree branch. Every time he goes outside he heads straight for it (or the sand/water pit.)

ElShalimo

jigsaws – being a Victorian uncle I only buy games/toys that require thinking about

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bit pricey but, balance bike?? Still wish today Id known about them when my kids were that age!!

B_Leach
    Free Member

Duplo/mega blocks every time. I’ve bought them for my 3yr old nephew and he bloody loves them! My sister hasn’t really forgiven me for it though… they do end up strewn everywhere.

stevenieve
    Free Member

My 3yr old Nephew loves his Chuggington railway.

mintimperial

Jigsaws are a big hit with our three year old. And pretty much anything to do with trains. Do you like his parents? If not, get him a ruddy massive drum or a kazoo or something…

Tasso
    Free Member

My 3.5year old bypassed duplo – it doesn’t inspire for long once they can manipulate standard lego.

Scooter is a good bet and can be cheaper than a balance bike if he hasn’t got either.

His favourite toy is my mums Ipad though…..

clubber
    Free Member

my son still loves his duplo though he can manage ‘proper’ lego fine – probably because it allows him to build bigger things more easily and as far as he’s concerned, size is everything… 😀

vinnyeh

we bought our kids one of these at about that age. Good and sturdy, lasted a couple of years before it got too tattered. To be honest, I was a bit sceptical of the use it would get once they’d decorated it, but kids have limitless imagination, and it worked as all sorts of stuff -shop, rocket, hospital, fort etc.

restless
    Free Member

play doh is cheap and cheerful but kids love it 😀

midlifecrashes

Tomy/Tomica Thomas the Tank train sets. The battery sits in the engine so the track is all plastic and easy to put together and hard/impossible to break. As he gets more into it you can get more complicated parts/layouts.

ittaika
    Free Member

lego is always good.

vinneyeh – where did you get the rocket?

Rickos
    Free Member

HD recorder so he can watch Tree Fu Tom all day! I’m sure ours would if he could.

yossarian
    Free Member

batman outfit and some hotwheels cars

sorted

wwaswas

his parents will be forever grateful 😉

vinnyeh

vinneyeh – where did you get the rocket?

Here

PTR
    Free Member

Brio style wooden railway, there is lots of compatable stuff from other makes, and Thomas. Once you’ve started it’s limitless, more presents every birhtday and Christmas for years.

Crell
    Free Member

Best value indoor toys our kids had in terms of fun and the amount they played with them were:

Brio (style) trainset
    Lego (duplo really at 3)
    Wheelybug (you need wooden floors and not to care about your skirting boards)
    Cheap Aldi / Lidl balance bike
    Garage and cars

paddy0091
    Free Member

I loved Playmobil as a kid..

cloudnine
    Free Member

Spiderman outfit and a nerf gun. He will think you are a god.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

I’m a fully grown geek man and I’d still be chuffed with:

http://www.automoblox.com/

garage-dweller

Duplo
    Brio style stuff can get Cars to go on that track too (we have Lightning, Luigi, snot rod and dj as well as half the Thomas cast)
    V tech digital camera

all popular with my nearly 3 year old

redthunder
    Free Member

a bike ?

a cardboard box ? but you would get this with the bike…doh! two presents for the price of one. Recession busting 😉

or an Air Rifle 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Help – need to buy a good toy for my 3 year old nephew?’ is closed to new replies.