Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help!! – Need Chainring for Son's Fixed Track Bike – Race Day Imminent
  • skyhigh_71

Hi,

Can anyone help please?

I need a 144 PCD (old Campagnolo type) Chainring with 45 teeth and 1/8" chain width type.

This is to get my son's track racing bike to the correct gear for British Cycling Under 10 age category (Max gear 5.4 mtrs)

I've tried all the susual suspect web suppliers. TA make them, but no-one has stock and the distributor is on back order for about 6 weeks. Next track competiton is in 2 weeks!!!

Does anyone know where I can get one or does anyone have a servicable one they would be wiling to sell please?

Thanks

steve_b77
    Free Member

Have you tried Condor in London, pretty certain they do mail order

mattsccm
    Free Member

Try the bike shop at Pedalabikeaway in the FoD. In the past week I have had 2 odd chain rings from Dave. I know he has some oldish ones and I am dead sure he had a 144. Can't say what size though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

New sprocket and regular size ring?

skyhigh_71

Thanks, going to Condor in person tomorrow.

Standard sized rings don't really get that close to 5.4m with 700C wheels, 45 tooth chainring is near perfect and goes up through the BC gears for U10,12,14,16 ages with rear sprocket changes only.

skyhigh_71

Crazy-legs – you are a star. Got it sorted with velodromeshop – many thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help!! – Need Chainring for Son's Fixed Track Bike – Race Day Imminent’ is closed to new replies.