Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • help! need a 10 miler starting in guiseley
  • Pook

To protect my sanity I’ve got my bike while at the in laws. Being bored-ish of stainburn I would like a ten miler from guiseley for tomorrow morning. I have neither a map, GPS or guide book…

Can you save me stw?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Take a compass. Head north, ride around on the moor and then head back south.

grobin13
    Free Member

Head up moor road/Lane. Turn right and head towards otley chevin car park. Can do a loop around the chevin on the bridle ways and there are a few cheeky little descents you can mess around with on the way around. There are bridleways that link guise lye to the chevin but no idea of which ones to take,

Pook

Right, I’ll give that a go but I have no compass

tmb467
    Free Member

If you want the loan of a guide book I’m only a few miles away

tmb467
    Free Member

Failing that – Old Hollings Hill then just before you descend on the road, look for the entrance to Esholt Woods on the left. Get over fence, follow the path to the right and play around on the descents

Eventually make your way back over the hill to the rocky climb back up to Guiseley

Simon

Hi Chris and happy Christmas 🙂 I’d come along the valley and meet you for a ride but I’ve got family stuff to do tomorrow unfortunately.

Best bet for a quick fix would be to head to Esholt for a play on the mini dh lines and perhaps up to Thackley pump track and jumps.

If you’re free on Saturday morning I’m riding with Jason from Hebden Bridge.

Thackley pumptrack/jumps

http://goo.gl/maps/EERH6

Esholt

http://goo.gl/maps/BlhvM

njee20
    Free Member

Ride along the road for 20 minutes. Turn. Ride back

Pook

Cheers all, Simon, thanks for the invite but I’ll be back in south Yorkshire tomorrow at my folks. Right…. Off exploring 🙂

Simon

Did you have a good ride?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘help! need a 10 miler starting in guiseley’ is closed to new replies.