Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help – my KSI post is totally shagged – service help needed please.
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Bought second hand but in excellent nik and only my 3rd ride but it was a muddy/frozen one that seems to have killed my post.

When cleaning my bike i noticed 6 deep gauges in the outer shaft running for 2 to 3 cm above the seal but also more worrying is that the post won’t stay down when dropped but soon creeps back up to full extention.

Stripped it down as much as i could, expecting to find the seals knackered and full of grit but nothing abrasive at all in there?

The scores i can repair but the issue is how to service/fix the inner meachanism so that it does what it should and stays dropped(the service guide on the pureracing site just covers the outer bits)

Anyone done this, any tips or links to more comprehensive guides

ta very much

swisstony
    Free Member

Anyone?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think the early ones had possible bushing issues which caused the scoring, try your luck with Pure Racing and see if they can do anything/rebuild it maybe with new shaft

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    malibu_babe_28
    Free Member

I had the same problem with my i900. Its an issue with the earlier models as said. Often caused by putting your seat too far back on the rails so you’re putting a diagonal force onto the post when raising or lowering it. I got mine replaced under warranty, but since yours is second hand, I suspect you’ll have to pay. Its due to the needle roller bearings in the post.

The good news is that the replacement has not seen the same problems for another couple of years use.

I have just made mine seize up again, but thats because I had no rear mudguard and it was a filthy day at Cwmcarn. Cleaning should solve any seizing issues.

swisstony
    Free Member

thanks folks, i’ll give them a call

swisstony
    Free Member

Pureracing were very good and familiar with the issue which related to mark 1 posts, said it would be covered under warranty but as mine was s/h it would be £45 for replacement shaft, new bushing, seals etc and service plus refturn post so not bad i suppose.

oh and its apparently nothing to do with the diagonal forces but i’m not convinced

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help – my KSI post is totally shagged – service help needed please.’ is closed to new replies.