Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help my dad :-) £100 on a camera!`
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Dad has a budget of a hundred quid for a camera to use to take snaps of buildings and landscapes to print out (A4)
    He does not need manual settings etc – just useful presets.

What camera for £100 with decent sized screen (he needs reading glasses!!)

iamanobody
    Free Member

Good shout, i was also thinking anew smart phone (recon) as it will have a touch screen (more accessible)

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Yep, iphone 5s would easily do it. Although not quite so wide at 29.7mm (equivalent) vs 28mm (or even 24mm) in most wide-angle compact zooms. In practical use I have no probs with the iphone 5 at 31mm equivalent. For wide buildings I just use panorama or autostitch app. Both benefits of going down the smartphone route.

Just make sure to show him how to use the volume button on the side for the shutter release (jabbing at a screen button just asks for camera-shake) And how to do exposure/focus adjust + lock. That’s all it takes really.

Nothing is as pocketable, accessible or with as nice a screen for instant editing as a smartphone camera. So unless he wants bigger than A4 prints I really can’t see the need for a dedicated camera. iphone 5. tough case. Snapseed. Done.

iamanobody
    Free Member

Where is good for recon phones?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Will he need a call/data plan? How will he be printing?

iamanobody
    Free Member

call/data plan will be covered in a sim only plan 🙂
    most stuff printed at home – so SD card would be easier

I’d go for any of the Canon, Nikon, or Sony options in this link over a phone tbh. Not looked at reviews though, so might be worth spending a bit of time looking

Currys under £100

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help my dad :-) £100 on a camera!`’ is closed to new replies.